1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HRC 1/4 turn throttle

Discussion in 'Tech' started by 08RR, Nov 19, 2010.

1. 08RR

08RR Well-Known Member

im thinking of getting a HRC quick action throttle for my 08 cbr1000
    Has anyone got any feedback on this throttle or is it worth spending the extra and getting one of the others out there?

my intention is to race it next season so mainly track use.. the stock one is a joke unless you have Mr stretch wrists:crackup:

2. Demented

Demented Well-Known Member

Stock throttle already is a 1/4 turn throttle. The HRC 1/6 turn throttle is worth it though.

3. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

Had the HRC on the same bike, prefer the Motoholders because you can get several different reels for it. HRC is a huge improvement, but I have a lame wrist and needed to go slightly quicker than the HRC for comfort. Takes two minutes to swap to different sizes and the initial price isn't that much different.

4. 08RR

08RR Well-Known Member

Is that like the promotion throttle setup

5. 08RR

08RR Well-Known Member

i mean motion pro:stupid:

6. shakazulu12

My bad, I meant Motion Pro, was looking at subframes while typing a response to your question at the same time.

7. Havoc

Havoc Well-Known Member

I have thr HRC tube,I didnt change the cables.I didnt need to and i have clip on's as well.Good luck

8. Bobb Shyy

Bobb Shyy Probably gonna get banned

Motion pro revolver is the way to go.

9. SJC1000rr

SJC1000rr Well-Known Member

I did the HRC Tube switch on my old 600rr. Bought a 1/6 turn tube and just switched it out with the 1/4 turn. Getting the screws out of the throttle housing can be a pita...but other then that its a simple change.

10. 08RR

08RR Well-Known Member

so the motion pro is a good one to get, i kinda thought it was mickey mouse looking, does it hold up well and is it not a pain changing them out? i mean your going to want to ride with the different options to see what you like right?

11. RedEIKO0713

RedEIKO0713 you like noodles? fapfap

[​IMG]

i've used a zip tie with no problems going on 3 years now. :p

12. shakazulu12

It takes just a couple minutes to change out the reels on the Motion Pro. 2 5mm allen head screws, unhook the lines, hook up new reel, screw it back together.

13. wisconsinRR

wisconsinRR Active Member

If you get the HRC tube get the cables too. It makes the install alot easier

14. Demented

Demented Well-Known Member

The HRC cables are also good to have as spares, or keep the stock ones as spares. Don't want to be stuck not riding at the track because a throttle cable snapped or got damaged in a crash.

15. 08RR

08RR Well-Known Member

Well said that man!

16. Bobb Shyy

Yes. I started off with the next to largest cam and went with that one. The R6 throttle I was using didn't give me enough leverage over the butterflies in some transition parts of the track. (I was going too slow) and this Throttle made it easier to get the throttle open faster.
    They're a little expensive, but I went ahead and got it. I'm digging it so far.

17. Havoc

Havoc Well-Known Member

Im going to use the motion pro on the honda next season..I have it on my gixxer and its worth every penny.
    HRC tube works fine.. but the adjustment u get with the cams they give u is great!

18. Bobb Shyy

Tru dat Havoc.

19. frekeyguy

frekeyguy Well-Known Member

zip tie....vary the thickness for quicker turn