1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how many riders usually show at a Tally track day?

Discussion in 'Track Days' started by keg0900, Apr 7, 2008.

1. keg0900

keg0900 none ya

how many riders usually show at a Tally track day?

never done one except on race weekends and ed's school.

2. (diet)DrThunder

(diet)DrThunder Why so serious, son?

If there's nothing else competing at Barber or Road Atlanta, you might see 120-140 I'm guessing.

3. keg0900

keg0900 none ya

thanks dave.

im looking at holding a track day at tally on 9-13,14 it doesnt look like anything is running that weekend and its just before the barber nationals. so hopefully it will happen.

4. (diet)DrThunder

Well, that might be a different story. You're talking about late in the season, just after a big vacatio ($$) weekend. I'd think attendance would be lower that time of the year. Of course I'm just guessing.

5. Dutch

Dutch Token white guy

Our (NESBA's) class limit is 25 at Tally. So a max of 75 riders if all classes are full. Not sure I would put 40 per class (assuming you are running a three class structure) on that short of a track.

6. ToddClark

ToddClark f'n know it all

yea, for the Bargy stuff, we try to limit it to 25/class as well. the last 5 or 6 days ive work with Ed on at Tally, have AVERAGED about 50-60 riders total. About 2 weeks ago we maxed out with about 75, and that was the highest turnout we've had in a year. (this is just the standard trackday with Bargy, not racer practice)

7. (diet)DrThunder

You know now that I think about it, for whatever reason I had a 4 group rotation in my tiny brain...those numbers make more sense.

8. Tdub

Tdub Say what???

Bargy and Elite have a 4 group rotation when they include the Minis/125s Tdub

9. keg0900

keg0900 none ya

thanks for the info guys.

gives me lots to think about before dedicating the money for the track.