1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how many of you guys sleep in your ENCLOSED TRAILER?

Discussion in 'Track Days' started by Jackhammer1k, Apr 27, 2010.

1. Sedan_Clan

Sedan_Clan Capoeirista

Now that I've ventured into tracking on a regular basis, I'm beginning to wish that I had a truck and a trailer.

2. Dits

Dits Will shit in your fort.

I sleep in my trailer. I somehow manage.

3. Dragon Lady

Dragon Lady New Member

You two could probably sleep through a hurricane after the track "cocktail hour" is over :p

At least a half dozen folks trampled/tripped over the ramp for the trailer I was sleeping in - used an old carpet over the back as the "door" - didn't work a darn to dampen the noise from "happy campers" next door.

4. someday

someday Well-Known Member

i just sleep in a two person tent with queen size mattress inside, one time i for got how i got the mattress inside and it took me 40 minutes to realize i must put mattress in then inflate it, duh! encolsed trailers are good to sleep in, just get you a window ac and put it on eskimo.

5. SpeedyTide

SpeedyTide 'Bama's Bad Boy

The "Bang Bus" is not a trailer! :tut:

Nice try Dits! :down:

:D

6. KILLA1

KILLA1 Orange Suzuki = MY HERO

I used a 5x8 enclosed last year it fits a queen size air mattress perfect! I am looking to upgrade to a bigger trailer now if anybody is interested in an economical trailer :D

will be posting it in the for sale area shortly!:up:

[email protected]

7. VTWatrski

VTWatrski New Member

8. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

Speedy pointed out a very important feature of trailer sleeping.. ear plugs. I have an area rug i like to throw down on the floor. Keeps the air bed from wearing a hole on the sanded paint floor or making that scratchy noise when you move around a little. Also gives that little extra layer of insulation on cool nights. Get a roll of that eggcrate foam to put down on the air bed beneath the sheet. AMAZING .. I just raise the air bed up during the day against a wall and the area rug is a good place to stretch before riding sessions..

9. vnvbandit

vnvbandit Well-Known Member

trailer trash!:Poke:

10. truckstop

truckstop Well-Known Member

I think we only ever got a hotel room once on a race weekend, when we got a gift cert for the Osthof in Elkhart Lake for a wedding gift so it was free. We got a lot of funny looks there, super swanky place. The suite was nicer than our house. I felt like I needed to strip in the hallway to avoid sullying up the place after a long day at the track.

Anyway... we pretty much always sleep in the trailer, sometimes the back of the Xterra, or in a tent. No insulation, no heater, although we've used a fan a couple times when there were electric hookups. (Our genny is ridiculously loud) We'll leave the ramp door open on hot nights unless we're at Blackhawk during Mutant Bloodsucker season. The mosquitoes there in the high season are the size of hummingbirds. Some friends made a huge velcro screen for theirs that seems to work well.

Temperatures at night though usually allow us to have it all closed up besides the vent and it's fine.

We sleep on 1.75" REI self inflating thermarest type things. I would go with the 3.5" if buying them again. They're ok, and we sleep just fine on them, but they're more comfy when the two are stacked (making it like a 3.5"). Way easier to deal with than an unwieldy air mattress, which never seemed to last more than a weekend or two, and during the day we stack the two off to the side to have a place to nap.

Camping at the track is the best. I love the smell of 2-strokes in the morning.

11. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

I sleep in the back of my truck. I have a Dodge Ram Mega Cab and with the back seats folded down flat, it's pretty nice. If I were 5'9 it would be perfect but being 6'0 makes it slightly annoying. I'll pop a DVD in, pull a lager out of the cooler, and enjoy the AC. When the movie's over, turn the truck off, crack the back window a bit, and lights out. If I sleep in the trailer, I have a air mattress on a stand. just enough room for me and the bike. I get a hotel if my wife and daughter come long.

I just can't see not staying at the track. I enjoy happy hour too much.

12. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

I sleep at the track in the trailer most times. Only in the heat of summer will I pitch the tent.
    I have a 6x10, and use a thin air matress pad from REI under the sleeping bag. Electric heater for the real cold nights and a fan for the warm ones (I just use the helmet dryer fan)

13. jeremy dunn

jeremy dunn Well-Known Member

14. RubberChicken

RubberChicken PimpMasterT

I slept in my enclosed trailer last night at NJMP. I had no power, so I couldn;t run a small fan to relieve the stuffiness. I left both doors ajar a bit, but th ebugs discovered me. It was not a restful night.

I gotta fit a wall AC unit and a screen window fan for the temperate nights.

15. ajfreeze

ajfreeze Member

I bought e-track from a tractor-trailer repair shop--$20/10' lengths--the dude I bought my trailer from wanted $40 (douche)--I asked if that was the installed price! You can get the pockets for 2x4 or 2x6 off ebay set of 10 for around $40 (here's and example of 4 for $10)
    http://cgi.ebay.com/E-Track-2x4-Bea...em&pt=Other_Vehicle_Parts&hash=item335d39c9d7

Couple strips of plywood and a an air mattress and you are off the floor in a 'loft'. You could leave it up if it's high enough, and put rugrats up there.

I'm making an interior door for my side door, that will be a bit narrower. I'm planning on venting a portable A/C out the fixed portion. Then I'm running a long cable with a padlock through the tongue of the trailer to the opened side door, so I can't get shut in. :D