1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How Long Does Bautista Stay Retired?

Discussion in 'General' started by fastedyamaha, May 2, 2023.

1. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

Press conference scheduled for this Thursday before WSBK reconvenes and it’s widely reported that he will announce his retirement after this season concludes. How long will he be able to stay retired?

2. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

He might grow rapidly tired of crashing his own bikes. :D

3. nlzmo400r

nlzmo400r Well-Known Member

Ducati will throw a ton of money at him. He’ll win the title early this year and decide to comeback for a potential three-peat.

If he does leave after this season, Ducati better figure it out quickly because no one currently on a V4R in WSBK seems capable of championing contention

4. IL8APEX

IL8APEX Well-Known Member

Maybe the Bologna Factory will sign him up as a "Squadra Ducati" rider to fill in for injured MotoGP regulars?

-T

5. Used2befast

Used2befast Well-Known Member

I say they call up JH2 for the test nod...he will bring some drama back to the wsbk paddock for sure :D

6. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

He could retire, rent a house in Kali to hang with the family and race for Ducati here in the US for a year or two.
    Fly out on Thursday and be home on Sunday night.

7. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

If he does indeed leave, Ducati should go after another GP rider, I say Morbidelli dumps Yamaha and goes to a paddock where he at least has a good chance of fighting for a championship.

PPPope, badmoon692008 and Blammo like this.
  8. nlzmo400r

nlzmo400r Well-Known Member

I think they’re more likely to go after obvious choices in the class…Rea being the first choice.