1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Housing prices are nuts, paid $17 million now

Discussion in 'General' started by L8RSK8R, Jan 16, 2022.

1. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Is anyone calculating the payments considering that the dollars at the end of the loan (and even in the middle of the loan nowadays) have far lower purchasing power than the original borrowed dollars?

2. Rebel635

Rebel635 Well-Known Member

Yup. I used to be gungho on paying off my mortage as soon as possible. Accelerated bi-weekly plus extra every two weeks. To then have that shit get taken away by my ex when i had to refinance to pay her out.
    Now, i plan on paying off my mortgage with funny money in a year or two.

3. Black89

Black89 Well-Known Member

It’s insane out by seattle. Every Monday Amazon has around 500 new hires. The work from home model has all the tech brahs moving out further. Small towns are seeing housing increase 100% in the last two years. I moved way the fuck out and the house I bought had 24 offers in 4 days. Inspection waived etc…

4. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

That's the real issue, and is why this doesn't seem like as much of a bubble as some are making it out to be (in the short term, anyhow). It's people with money from the metro areas who can now work remotely who are flooding those areas with money and pushing houses sky high.

Unless you see this remote work trend being a fad and reversing, that housing price trend is going to continue. It'll be somewhat mitigated by increasing interest rates, but lack of supply and higher than ever demand are a wicked combination for prices.

Montoya likes this.
  5. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

It's the same issue out here. It's hilarious to me when they start complaining about the lack of services and internet availability in the country lol. We had a huge snowfall sunday night and some were complaining that their roads never got cleared for a whole 24 hours lol. Awe poor baby, some of them were just completely losing their shit on facebook about it lol. Welcome to country living idiot. Stock your pantry, get a generator, and enjoy the peace and quiet. I didn't get fully dug out until tuesday afternoon. It was awesome :D

6. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

It reminds me of people in the UK buying a second home in the country and then complaining about the smell when farmers slurry their fields or the crap that gets left on the roads when said farmers herd their cattle across them.

ToofPic likes this.
  7. L8RSK8R

L8RSK8R Well-Known Member

Slurry, what a great smell.
    Remember to bring the clothes in off the line, they'd need to be rewashed if ya didn't.

CBRRRRR999 likes this.
  8. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

They complain about the farm smells too. And also the hail cannons. There are a TON of apple orchards around here. Lots of hail cannons. Even more hail Karens lol

-the lack of highspeed internet
    -the lack of public transportation
    -out of uber range, or very expensive
    -no take out food places
    -the atvs and dirtbikes
    -the sounds coming from Mosport (you can fuck right off with that one). I LOVE being outside hearing the birds chiping and the sounds of nature, then out of the blue hearing a car roaring up the backstretch. I'm really far away, but depending on how the wind blows and other factors can still hear certain sounds and cars from the track. I love it.

the list goes on and on. I'm honestly curious what these people do that actually brings joy to their life?

9. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

Complain?

bullockcm likes this.
  10. youngR

youngR Well-Known Member

I lived in Monterey California next to Laguna Seca legendary race track. Rich fuks buy lands and build houses around the track because it’s “cheaper” than complains about the noise…

11. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

Absolutely nothing brings joy to their lives. That’s why they’re so intent on destroying everyone else’s joy, and why society is in its current state of degradation. These people are inherently evil.

TurboBlew likes this.
  12. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

A reset implies anything will be left to reset itself. You’re clearly an optimist.

13. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

The GF and I just missed a bid on a foreclosure.A trailer on 3 acres,and a very big shop on a river.The trailer needed lots of work,but 65k was high bid.We looked at another property today in the same area.North Georgia Clarkesville area.One acre new singlewide on a slab.Called realtor,and he wanted 200k!! GTF outta here!
    One acre in that area probably 10-15 k.Single wide trailer,40 to 60k.No way that added up to 200k!
    The prices are insane!
    The 75k and acreage trailers are gone in my area.At one time my grandfather had 72 trailers,and a few houses he rented.He would shit,if he could see what its worth today.
    I don't know whats worse> Buying a truck,or real estate?

gapman789 likes this.
  14. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

There's a couple of those in my area this coming week that I will drop a reasonable bid for. I will be shocked if I get either of them, but profit begins when you buy...

TurboBlew and ToofPic like this.
  15. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

MELK-MAN likes this.
  16. StanTheMan

StanTheMan Well-Known Member

17. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

18. L8RSK8R

L8RSK8R Well-Known Member

Passed thru St. Augustine once, seemed nice.
    Spent a week in Ponte Vedra, that place was chill.

19. CBRRRRR999

CBRRRRR999 Well-Known Member

PV is still St John's county. I was just in a nearly $4 million condo on the beach that was 2 just 2 years ago. Gradually pricing the working class away from water in most of Florida. A lot of northern transplants escaping down here. Been a flood since the rona started. Bidding wars still going on.
    Those trailer parks by Anastasia are the northern most of all the retirement and vaca parks that extend down to the Keys. Might as well pony up for a house that's not as likely to be a depreciating asset. Those places fill up with Karens and old busybodies and rarely get the upkeep they need.

ToofPic likes this.
  20. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

We vacation near Anastasia and will be keeping an eye out when the crash arrives. Wouldn't mind a nice old property on or next to the beach. :)