House got skunked

Discussion in 'General' started by zx6rfool, Mar 3, 2021.

1. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

If the skunk didn't actually spray it in the house you're probably fine. But if the oil got on anything in the house use vinegar, water and dawn dish soap to get the oil off

2. BigBird

BigBird blah

Never good to fall in love with a stripper.

Razr likes this.
  3. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

I like the smell of skunk, smells like victory :D

ToofPic likes this.
  4. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

:D

auminer likes this.
  5. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

Neighbor kid probably just smoking some sticky out behind your place last night.

Sabre699 likes this.
  6. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I don't understand this. Do skunks just randomly spray their environment? I thought it was directed at people and animals. How did the smell move around your house?

7. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Permeation on a global scale !! :Puke:

8. zx6rfool

zx6rfool Stacks Wood

Sprayed outside my back door, likely attacked by a fox, and well homes circulate air.

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Could have been spraying at a cat or any other predator. Just close enough to the house to get it stinky.

10. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

That damn skunk is back again. He's been around a lot lately. LOL

11. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

I used to think it was just me that thought skunk and weed smelled similar.

The guys who've been gaslighting me for years are in trouble!

12. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Mercaptans (skunk) actually don't smell that much like terpenes (weed, hops, many aromatic plants). The presence of Sulfur atoms in the former class are almost always considered objectionable to test subjects, whereas the latter -- simple hydrocarbons --are much more widely viewed positively. Some folks think mycene (a very common plant terpene and a major aroma of fresh, green-wet hops and a big terpene in many weed strains) smells like skunk. Not in my experience. Dried and oxygenated terpenes become terpenoids, and often get more spicy/peppery adding to the weed like "dank" nose that is often mis-described as skunky. Twenty years ago I never would have imagined "dank" as an aroma descriptor for beer, but here we are.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2021
  13. Inquizid

Inquizid Member Well-Known

I once knew a girl who special ordered dried hops and smoked them instead of the other because she had to pass random tests at her job. Apparently certain hops provide similar stress relief when combusted.

14. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Stress relief can come in many forms...

15. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

You got one of those blackmail emails, too?

A. Barrister likes this.
  16. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

this does nothing but get you a pink dog.

17. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

I’ve always heard it gets the stank off you. So it doesn’t include K9’s?

18. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

Negative. You need peroxide, baking soda, and dawn dish soap. The WOMD is a lipid-based liquid so you need something that will neutralize the stink (baking soda) separate the fatty portion of the WOMD (Dawn) and the peroxide will clean up the remaining leftovers. I’ve used it numerous times. The catch is that when the pooch gets wet again, it will resurface. You have to do this 2-3 to de-skunk the pooch.

speedluvn likes this.