1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Honeywell generators

Discussion in 'General' started by Sandman889, Mar 31, 2010.

1. Sandman889

Sandman889 Well-Known Member

Anyone have any experience with this brand of portable gens. I am looking for a cheap gen for the track. Just need enough power to run a set of chicken hawk tire warmers. Cant afford to spend much more than 600.00 even that seems really expensive just to heat up ones tires. So I am looking at the Honeywell 2000. Let me know if you have any info on them or some other cheap ones that will work for 5 race weekends. :confused:

2. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

I've seen multiple guys out here buy the Champion brand, from Pep Boys and they are going strong. Not as quiet as the Honda or Yamaha inverters but not too loud either. Talked to a guy that uses one in his detail business for the past 5 years without any trouble.

I picked up a Red All Power, made by Kipor, that looks just like the Honda and is quiet too. http://www.allpoweramerica.com/productdetails.php?id_prd=139 Not sure how it will last but I bought it used and have already used it 3-4 times. This one is molded slightly different, whereas mine looks like an exact Honda copy....they probably had lawyers involved and changed the case.