Honda S2000: 4 hours left. How high?

Discussion in 'General' started by HPPT, Feb 17, 2021.

1. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

the V10 & 6 speed? The supercharged TRT is notably faster but has a limited top speed to save the children! :D

2. Greenhound386

Greenhound386 Well-Known Member

I'd rather have a street-going truck that I could do a trackday with for funsies.

For off-road, I'd rather do a Can Am Maverick. That TRX is a lot of $$$ to be throwing around in a serious off-road situation. But, for sure a lot of performance!

3. rice r0cket

rice r0cket Well-Known Member

4. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

Seller in Miami... strike 1 & 2. The under carriage doesnt look like a <20,000 mile vehicle.

5. rice r0cket

Yeah he also posted pictures of the car jacked up by the LCAs, which look extremely thin and "weight optimized".

6. HPPT

HPPT !!!

7. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

Wow.

I guess the timer resets to another 2 minutes after new bids get placed to combat last minute sniping?

Seems poised to break $300K.....

8. NemesisR6

This is the best comment I've seen, and so very true:

"If you wanna drive a rad megabucks car and have almost NOBODY realize it, this is your ride!"

9. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

I need to put my Yugo on BaT, maybe I get $555 :)

10. elvee

elvee Well-Known Member

$312K, and it doesn't have a full title? Says it is branded as "Show and Display". I'm sure there is a way to title it through Vermont or something and get rid of that little detail.

11. rice r0cket

12. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I could be wrong and don't quote me on this but I believe that the cars can still be driven. Just with a yearly mileage limit. I think it was Bruce Canepa who lobbied Congress to get this exemption for 25-year-old cars so he could legalize his customers 959s.

13. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Nevermind, I'm an idiot. We're talking about two different things. This car is not 25 years old.

14. elvee

elvee Well-Known Member

I konw you can import and title grey market vehicles that are more than 20 years old. At this point this car would qualify through that route. Maybe it was brought in before the 20 year mark and that is the loophole they used?

Really just curious. Definitely not in my buying abilities.

15. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Okay, so the number I was thinking of must have been 20, not 25.

16. NemesisR6

Per the listing:

"To any potential buyer of this car, please take note that the vehicle is in the United States under an approved “show or display” exemption. Transfer of ownership must be approved by the NHTSA before the title changes hands. The buyer must also apply for a new “show or display” approval from the NHSTA and provide current photos of the car. Potential buyers should be aware that the vehicle is limited to up to 2,500 miles per year and must be made available for inspection by NHTSA until it is not less than 25 years old."

HPPT likes this.
  17. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Is this really an environmental or safety problem? There are at least a million hoopties that emit more and are far less safe.

18. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I would say a little bit of everything. I think that the rationale is that if a car has not been homologated for road use in the US, they don't want many of them out there on the roads. But they are okay with a few, if you're willing to jump through hoops.

19. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Sounds like a funding mechanism to me.

20. HPPT

HPPT !!!

It's a federal thing. I can't imagine the numbers are large enough to matter on the scale they play with.