1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Honda EU3000is Generators

Discussion in 'General' started by Montoya, Aug 5, 2005.

1. Montoya

Montoya Well-Known Member

Is there a cheaper alternative to a Honda EU3000is generator? Thats "as" quiet?

2. dave333

dave333 traveler

Sure!

500 gerbils and one very large habitrail wheel... Buy some oil for the axle though, otherwise they will keep you up all night..

3. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

Truthfully?

Check with stickboy274. He's got some great deals on generators.

4. 976-FIZR

976-FIZR In transition...

Have you considered trying two EU2000s wired in parallel?

-HJK

5. simins0611

simins0611 Well-Known Member

I was in the same boat as you a few months ago. I needed a generator that could power the A/C unit in my RV as well as other uses. I already had the Honda 2000 and it would keep overloading on start up of the AC unit. I looked into buying another unit and hooking them parallel, but for what I wanted and costs considered I went with a KIPOR Generator. It's basically a Honda rip off made in Korea, but the specs are pretty much identical and it's $1000 cheaper than the Honda. There's quite a few web sites that sell them or if you're interested a fellow racer here on the west coast became a distributer for them. I can get you his number if you'd like. I got the KGE3500ti model and so far am very happy with it. My teammates have the Honda version and so far I can't tell the difference other than the fact that mine was alot cheaper and came with the wheel package.

Below is just a random website that I found to show you their product.

http://www.ekipor.com/

WSMC/WERA/CCS #778

Last edited: Aug 5, 2005
  6. Motomeister13

Motomeister13 Well-Known Member

My company had three of them two have been stolen

We have since replaced them with the Yamaha 2800i's they are not as powerful, and not as quiet, but are really nice, much lighter, and only 1300 instead of 1800. 90% the machine, at much less the price.

Rich
    :p

7. Gumby647

Gumby647 SeƱor Member

Yamaha has a new 2400 that I've had my eye on. It's really quiet and light. My current genny is a 4000 Yamaha and weighs too much for me to put in the van easily by myself.