Homestead Help

Discussion in 'General' started by bldg636, Oct 11, 2011.

1. bldg636

bldg636 Well-Known Member

Hey anyone have a good layout written down of gear/shifting turn by turn for Homestead on a 600? (2006 R6 if it makes a difference) I'm going there next weekend for the first time and always end up spending half the day figuring out which gears to be in for each turn before . . . Just looking to speed up my learning curve . . . Thanks in advance !!!

Also,any fellow R6 guys have suggestions for gearing?

Thanks!!

2. d-wire

d-wire Well-Known Member

15/46 5th gear in turn 1, down to 3rd for turn 2 , down to second for turn 3, up to 3rd in turn 5, shift 4th on straight, down to second for turn 6, shortshift 3rd for t7, 4th and 5th down straight, down to second for hairpin t8, up to 5th on straight, down to 4th for t10, 3rd for t11, 2nd gear for final chicane.

Fun track. I'll be teaching the ars school. STop by garage 19 or 20. I'll be on the instructing bike #2 gsxr red/white/blk

3. bEeR

bEeR Hookers & Blow

I can't tell ya the gearing because I haven't rode a 600 on that track, but it's really easy to learn though. There's four straights, two 180 degree turns, a couple sweepers and a couple chicane types.

Drove all the way down from KY last year and rode the track.

4. bldg636

bldg636 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the help . . .

D-Wire : Thanks for the help . . . I saw the ARS and was thinking about doing it . . . . I wanted to do the John Long school just so I can get the racing certification for licensing, but it looks like the school isn't recognized by WERA . . . either way, i'll stop in garage 19 or 20 to say hi . . thanks again . . .