1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Holy bats-burger, Batman......the new V5 Fireblade!!!

Discussion in 'General' started by AJ, Sep 24, 2002.

1. AJ

AJ Well-Known Member

http://www.cbrworld.net/news/news_detail.asp?IDNews=102

"Based directly off the GP bike, it's said this bike will produce 990cc's, be a fuel-injected V5 and pump out an impressive 160hp at the rear wheel. Something to make the GSXR-1000 quiver in it's boots."

160 HP??!!

They might as well start putting those special compound GP tires on these things as stock for that kind of horsepower!

2. James Greeson

James Greeson Is the race over yet?

rumors smumers... believe it when Honda announces it.

its still just a butt-ugly as the RC211..

3. paperclip

paperclip D'oh!

that's like saying that the rc 51 quivers in it's boots when it sees a gsxr 1000 or an R1! it's got 5 cilinders.

Agree with james, i believe it when i see it.

4. gixer1100

gixer1100 CEREAL KILLER

LUST, I LUST FOR THAT BIKE!!!! 160 hp!!! who doesn't want that, even if it is too much for me I WANT IT!!!!

5. Madmike

Madmike Drunk Member

6. Trickle X

Trickle X Instagram-regalmetalworks

How will this make the gsxr 1k quiver exactly? No one in club racing will ride it.....Honda dont pay.... Whats a trophy with no loot to boot ???

Hey I am not a loyal Suzuki rider...but I ride what pays.....

7. Zanyeights

Zanyeights Well-Known Member

As for contingency remember you have to place to win. If Honda hands down builds the fastest machine racers will buy it. I would buy it. Very few people win enough money in contingency to make it worth while. This year I won about $250 a weekend in tire money (definitely worth it) and $750 in Suzuki money (three seconds). Was it worth it? I spent $4000 to get the bike and get it set up. It's obsolete next year...so does a racer sell the bike and update to a newer model (usually about a $2000-$4000 difference once you add up the race parts) just to win a little cash? Probabaly but what if the fastest 600 next year is bar none the Honda. Then lets say, purely hypothetical, Larry Denning, Opie and Scott Harwell and a couple other fast club guys get Honda's. It won't mean anything to keep that Suzuki, even if they still pay money. The only reason very few club racers are racing Honda's right now is becuase they just aren't fast out of the box. Kawasaki pays contingency...Except for Ceasar and few other loyalists the grids are not packed with Green. I remember 1997 and 1998...the grids were mostly F3's because they were the fastest. There was a few GSXR's but Honda was still the largest presence. I am by no means a Honda guy but I now buy what's fastest out of the box. Racing is too competitive to start witha handicap. My $.02. Next year should be a great year for the 600 class. 4 fast entry level bikes...its gonna be great!

8. ZebProctor

ZebProctor Well-Known Member

now correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't I hear something about not being about to mass produce any technology from a GP bike, something about it being illegal????? Also the whole two pipes, one under the seat, and one on the side is UGLY with a capital E!!!!

9. TSNolan

TSNolan Well-Known Member

How many recalls do you thing this on will have? dang they can't stand that the GXSR and the R1 have there #. They haven't even worked all the bugs out of the 954 and the 929 never really was right 100%.

10. cb500

cb500 long hair hippie freak

hey Ryan you don't count

:D :D :D :D

Last edited: Sep 25, 2002
  11. James Greeson

James Greeson Is the race over yet?

Both of these bikes are being marketed at the repli-racer, wannabe squids...

I'm not saying I think they won't be fast or compeditive, I just think its kinda cheezy that they made them look like clones of the GP bike...

12. derby369

derby369 Well-Known Member

You're wrong. :)

GP bikes can't be produced from production bikes. This keeps teams from campaigning superbikes in MotoGP.

The trickle down of technology is expected to flow down to the consumer level.

13. Zanyeights

Zanyeights Well-Known Member

Ricky, remember me? The guy on the 96 GSXR 750 who was going to run with the leaders in 01!!!??? Boy was that a "huge not even!"

Looks like your season went great. I am proud of you my boy. Wish I was back east. Would love to run an endurance team with you.

I just bought an RC51...talk about starting with a handicap!!! Its a blast but this weekend I ran it for the first time. It was a small track at a practice day. The best I could get on old tires was 4 seconds off my race pace, new tires on my SV. I am a little scared! I might have to give up and realize maybe I am just not a big bike guy. I'll keep you posted.

If it turns out I am a big bike guy, I would really like a chance at that V5 Fireblade!!