1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HJC helmet liners swappable?

Discussion in 'General' started by tito, Jun 9, 2014.

1. tito

tito Well-Known Member

Ok so I am looking at a new HJC helmet (IS-17) and it seems like I am in between the medium and the large size. the medium seems a little to tight in the sides, but fits well on the top and the large seems a little loose on top but good on the sides.

would it be possible to swap the medium and large head liners in this helmet? it seems like this would be the perfect fit for me.
    they share the same shell So I think that it should be possible....Just thought I would ask the beeb before I went to the shop to actually try it before I ordered the helmet.
    If any one wants to give pros and cons of the helmet I wouldn't mind hearing them.

2. gt#179

gt#179 Dirt Dork

if you can find someone with a current Helmet House or Sullivans catalog or maybe contact HJC america directly. In the past they had a chart that shows each helmet, what size shells are use with what size helmets (i.e. the XL shell may be used with the XL and XXL helmets) as well as the EPS lining and finally the comfort padding that's used in the liner (liner and cheek pads).

part of the chart is on Helmet houses online catalog, page 70.

the XS, S and M helmets use the medium shell and medium EPS. The only difference is the cheek pads (XS = 40mm thick, S= 35, M= 30mm). The L, XL and XXL use large shell and large EPS, L=35mm thick cheek pads, XL= 30mm, XXL= 25mm. Oddly though it doesn't mention the liner pads?

Or at least the liners are not shown in the pages I glanced at. worth a call, but it would seem like the likely response is to get the medium and thinner cheek pads. Plus if it breaks in/down you will have the thickers ones as backups.

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yeah, if cheek pads are swappable get the one that fits on top and put in the proper cheeks. I do that on my Arais.