1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HJC FG-15

Discussion in 'Tech' started by Lee#144, Feb 11, 2010.

1. Lee#144

Lee#144 Track Newbie

has anyone tried this new model by HJC? When is this going to be released stateside and what are the differences from the FG to the US model FS-15? I like the look of the euro FG a little better but I've used Arai's exclusively just thinking of trying something new

2. Lee#144

Lee#144 Track Newbie

Bit the bullet and bought one from the UK. First impression, this thing is the heat!! Comes with one of the best helmet bags I've ever had, included 2 shields, it's lighter than my RX7 and the padding is nice. Looks like the visor is cake to change and the fit is almost identical to the Arai. I liked the graphics on this one a little better than the current US model. All in all, this is an amazing lid, definately something I would recommend though I have not given it a ride test yet as we still have about 2 feet of snow on the ground lol

3. white79bu

white79bu Well-Known Member

4. backbone

backbone scarred for life

This is what I have, but it only sits on a shelf next to all my ARAI sig series. :)
    [​IMG]

5. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

The FG-15 is actually an FS-15 built to meet European crash standards. Same helmet, slightly different shell construction. Ben has been wearing a new HJC model this year and when it's available, we'll let everyone know. ;)

[​IMG]

6. Lee#144

Lee#144 Track Newbie

The FG is slightly lighter with the signature on the back as shown above. Not really sure where the weight loss is, I compared mine to one on display in shop here. Great freaking helmet! And Keith, mine sits near my Arai's as well but they get equal wear!