1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hey AMA Your Jump Start Rule is STUPID.

Discussion in 'General' started by Britt, Sep 15, 2013.

1. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

As the title says....What a Fk'n JOKE...

No advantage gained, it makes you look STUPID..and like a JOKE.

2. Hate McDead

Hate McDead Well-Known Member

I'm with you, Britt. There was no advantage gained, the front wheel stayed in the box. I've got to wonder if just putting the bike in gear with the front brake locked would still create a slight studder to the front wheel and would the AMA call that? Josh Hayes is getting shorted on this deal. I think Melissa said it when getting interviewed by Mrs. Skip. Melissa can say a lot more than Josh can. And this is not taking anything away from Josh Herrin because he rides like the wind, but the AMA has determined the champion - not the riders on the track.

3. TakeItApart

TakeItApart Oops!

The rule may be stupid, but everyone is subject to the same rule. Now if only Hayes were subject to the jump start, then there would be an issue.

"Not to take anything away from Josh Herrin" But stating that the AMA rule has determined the champion is doing just that.

4. Mblashfield

Mblashfield Well-Known Member

No movement is actually pretty simple. It means sans movement. Without movement. The lack of movement. Nomovythebikey. Nein slaffen de Gixen floofah.

5. Mblashfield

Mblashfield Well-Known Member

6. Spooner

Spooner Well-Known Member

Remember back in like 09 or whatever they were doing this where if the wheel even twitched they would give you a jump start. Then they changed it so if there was no advantage given then you not given a jump start. What happened to that rule?

7. 418

418 Expert #59

Going by RRW four people jumped the start yesterday. Four seasoned road racers just decided to jump the start.

Going by that number and what's happened earlier in the year, the rule is flawed.

8. RevRacing

RevRacing Well-Known Member

Or, perhaps they shouldnt have moved.

9. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

10. renegade17

renegade17 Well-Known Member

If you can ride a bike at that level you can learn to not move until the flag rolls. Stupid rule it is, but it should be one of the easiest things to get right.

11. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Sorry man but that is just plain stupid.

12. 5axis

5axis Well-Known Member

Drag racers red light and go home. Flat trackers get moved to the back of the grid.
    Why can't road racers sit still until it is time to go.

13. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

Nice analogy, if drag racers wait for the light to change they lose the race. Did you see the start.

14. dieterly

dieterly Well-Known Member

What's the rule in MotoGP?

15. mike w

mike w Knarf's buddy

Those little white line boxes are all thats needed.Move out of the box before the lights go out..its a jump.No judgement calls,no sanctioning body vendettas.What you do before you go over that line is irrelevant to the outcome of a race

16. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

There is a difference between rollout and rolling. :up:

17. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Drag racers CAN move before the light, you just can't break the beam.

18. Suburbanrancher

Suburbanrancher Chillzilla

All I can say is, what's the point of having a starting box if the front and back lines don't mean anything? Have 'em line up on a single straight line if the movement rule is the be all, end all that determines who wins a championship.

In other words, if the wheels stay in the BOX, how the hell is that a jump?

Dumb rule, dumb penalties. It's making the series look like 'pro' wrestling.

19. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

There was NO advantage Gained...IT is a STUPID RULE...for MOVEMENT to cost a 5 second penalty, and for THAT to DECIDE a Race.

Justify it with whatever lame ass analogy you want to DragRacing, DirtTrack or Canasta, it makes AMA look like a Freekn JOKE.

So if you preload the front and then let up and the fork moves, you get a 5 second penalty...Stupid, Ignorant..DUMB.

Hey, I know you are Reading this....CHANGE THE RULE RETARDS. (Yeah, You, DUMB ASS)

Last edited: Sep 15, 2013
  20. Schitzo42

Schitzo42 dweeb

The Jump Start rule isn't the only thing that has made them look stupid and like a joke.

-steve