1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help assessing stock bodywork

Discussion in 'General' started by Sundaydisco, Jul 23, 2015.

1. Sundaydisco

Sundaydisco Crooks Racing

Ok so I have a complete set of 2006 napoleon blue sv650s body work that is in almost new condition. The bike only had 900 miles on it when removed for racing. The plan was to put it back on the bike when done racing it, but for everyone that wasn't at Roebling Road last weekend, that will not be possible anymore due to my rather unsuccessful finishing of turn three. So I need help understanding the value of this complete, nearly flawless set of body work. I have seen sets like this in the past for $1200 and was thinking that I would list them on this and a few other sites. By complete I mean tank , upper/head light assembly, tail section with solo seat and passenger seat. Basically everything you take off to race. What are your thoughts?

2. BigBird

BigBird blah

uhhh put it for sale and see what you get? :Poke:

3. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

Three fidy

4. G 97

G 97 Garth

Let me know when you find out as I have five complete GSXR 600, two complete sets GSXR1000 and one set of R1 all with zero miles.

5. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

I'd be really shocked if you got half that price selling the complete set. Best bet is to list each piece individually and wait patiently for the guy that NEEDS that piece.

6. JJJerry

JJJerry Well-Known Member

dibs on the seat cowl (have an 06 teal/blue street bike that needs one):D

I've sold a few sets of SV bodywork, it won't pull nearly as much as an SS bike's bodywork. 2-300 for the complete upper, 1-200 for the tail section. I just sold a nice '05 blue tank for $300.

7. El Skwid!

El Skwid! Old guy, old bikes

Tank with fuel pump or without?
    Can be quite a difference.
    Good luck.