1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Helmet shields

Discussion in 'General' started by Derick, Jul 11, 2016.

1. Derick

Derick Well-Known Member

2. I use an rainbow iridium or whatever its called (ignore my avatar, spare helmet that I crashed) and I love it. I can't go back to a clear shield.

3. Derick

Derick Well-Known Member

The one guy that buys as many shields as tires in a season has no comment

Gorilla George likes this.
  4. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

A guy who raced in the midwest owns this company http://www.polar-optics.com/shop/motorcycle-helmet-shields
    Some people can't get over the fact that it sticks on top of the shield, but the optics are exceptional, and it's incredibly convenient to just peel them off and stick them on when it's time to change.

5. BigBird

BigBird blah

6. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Try a light tinted shield and if that works you can eventually go darker.

and how does your home track have shade?

7. Derick

Derick Well-Known Member

There's a section of trees covering a portion of the track, since the track is set in a nature preserve it takes an act of congress to remove them.

I like the idea of the transition shield, but just don't think the transition would be fast enough

8. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

There is no way he buys as many tires as shields; the tire manufacturers could not keep up.

Gorilla George likes this.
  9. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

His default answer is ALL OF THEM

10. Derick

Derick Well-Known Member

I'm not buying ALL of them

11. Personally I run a dark tinted visor all the time, rain or shine.

BigBird likes this.
  12. awalk9905

awalk9905 Well-Known Member

Home track BHF? I've always ran the darkest shields available, which is my preference. If it's early and it's damp, i may run clear but any time it's sunny (even overcast) and dry i run dark.

13. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Same here.

14. Derick

Derick Well-Known Member

Yes BHF. Was concerned with T2 area with a dark shield.

Seems that people like the tinted visors. Any thoughts on the blue coated ones? They call it spectra blue

15. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

Just to be different. There is a Transitions shield for the RF1200. Though, it can get pretty dark. I rather like it. I only have to worry about 1 shield. And it's a Pinlock shield.

16. Derick

Derick Well-Known Member

How fast/slow is the transition?

17. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

I knew someone was going to ask, lol Not so fast I notice it. The tech is a lot quicker than it used to be.

18. busa99

busa99 Well-Known Member

I prefer the high definition yellow. Makes everything seem brighter and clearer yet has some sun protection as well