1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Helmet question?

Discussion in 'Tech' started by Marc Camp, Jun 28, 2009.

1. Marc Camp

Marc Camp Well-Known Member

My molding on the bottem has come unglued from my ARAI helmet.Was wondeing what you would use to glue it back with.I have shoe goo and some other stuff laying around but there might be somthing better out there.:confused:

2. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

My Arai Quantum is doing the same thing. I happened to have some grip glue on the shelf and tried it but it did not work. Now I have a $500 helmet with 2 pieces of duct tape on it.

3. herbie

herbie Well-Known Member

Molding repair

I had a similar issue W/ my HJC helmet. I contacted them about it and they suggested a simple "super glue" fix which has worked well. You could look into this if you need the official way to repair helmet molding. :up:
    http://www.indocilart.com/flash.html Look at the tab for helmet sales and services.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2009
  4. Marc Camp

Marc Camp Well-Known Member

Thanks bro!That will work.:up:Cool website.

5. camp170

camp170 Well-Known Member

3M Weatherstrip adhesive for autos-made for glueing rubber

6. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

If you're going to uses super glue - or any other type of glue that contains cyanoacrylate, make sure it DOES NOT come into contact with FOAM! It'll eat the stuff raw and you'll need a totally new helmet.

Learned that building R/C airplanes. :(

7. RCM78

RCM78 Well-Known Member

I had the same problem with my quantum. I sent it back to Arai and they fixed it for free. Give there cust service dept a call. They even covered shipping there and back.