Heading to Colorado

Discussion in 'General' started by moregsxrs, Nov 8, 2016.

1. moregsxrs

moregsxrs Well-Known Member

We're relocating to CO in a couple of months. I'm constantly shocked at the useful information gleaned here. And, some not so useful. Anything you may have to add, please do. I'm looking East of Denver. Parker area most likely. Any recommendations and helpful hints are appreciated.

2. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

I've never been to Co, but I have a buddy that trail rides and can't get back to Co enough. He's ridden all over this country and Colorado is his favorite place. Some of his simple cell pics are spectacular. So....if you like to ride in the dirt/gravel....great place.

3. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Parker is flat as piss on a plate. It is more like Kansas even though you can see the front range. Get up in the mountains dude.

4. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

I was just there six weeks ago. Didn't go to the Parker area, but we roamed around just west of Denver. Golden is a beautiful little town. I'm seriously thinking of buying a small place in the Georgetown area when I retire.

5. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

spent some time in Durango... cant remember the highway that runs through the mountain range by New Mexico but its a gorgeous ride! :D

6. tecknojoe

tecknojoe Well-Known Member

Where are you working, that will effect where you want to live. There are a crapton of people moving here, so rush hour is getting worse. If you look on a map, try to avoid having to use I-25 to commute, because it blows up every day now. Parker is about 40 minutes from the start of the mountains.

The good news is our road racing org is fantastic. If you have any questions feel free to ask. www.mra-racing.org/

7. moregsxrs

My office is in Centennial, so semi-close to there. I would also like to be within 30 minutes of Aurora.

tecknojoe likes this.
  8. moregsxrs

Definitely looking forward to some trial riding.

Razr likes this.
  9. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Have you looked at the state income tax rate?

VFR#52 likes this.
  10. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

I hope that is where you HAVE to be and not where you WANT to be. Anything east of evergreen in that state sucks.

VFR#52 likes this.
  11. moregsxrs

Just did, thank you.

12. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

:stupid:
    I very ridden through there 3 times now and it still surprises me. Eastern CO might as well be Oklahoma / Kansas.

13. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Most of Denver is as well. You have to be on the west side of Denver to not be so flat.

14. DWhyte91

DWhyte91 Well-Known Member

15. GrayGhost

GrayGhost Well-Known Member

16. rd400racer

17. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

18. rd400racer

I've had that place on my bookmarks for about 6 weeks now and thought the exact same thing. Whenever I get stressed at work, I look at it and dream:D

19. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

20. rd400racer

Nice! My wife and I were on Mt. Evans six weeks ago.

[​IMG]

cpettit likes this.