1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Harley Davidson stolen in Cincinnati, OH

Discussion in 'General' started by river rat, Dec 30, 2011.

1. river rat

river rat Well-Known Member

My dad had his shed broken into last night and had about $25-30,000 dollars worth of shit stolen from him including a 2000 Wide-Glide, $10,000 worth of high end dj equipment, a stuffed deer head (wtf?), a bunch of tools, 3 outboard boat motors and a bunch of other stuff. Please keep your eyes peeled for anything fishy. It was all stolen in loveland, near Montgomery rd and fields ertel. Below is a pic of a bike like my dads. I'll post an actual one of his later. Thanks

[​IMG]

2. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

Your Dad had $25-$30K worth of stuff in a...shed? Not saying he deserved it at all, but did he have a better place to keep the stuff?

3. river rat

It isn't really a shed, more like a 15' by 30' insulated workshop with regular house doors on it.

4. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

Damn man. It's all businesses and condos in that area? A 'high-end' area at that.

Shit like this worries me sick about my 24'x36' 'shed'.

5. river rat

Yup, it's a very nice, low crime area. It's someone who knows my dads habits. Not a random hit. I hate saying it, but it's probably someone in his circle :(

6. BC

BC Well-Known Member

Wouldn't matter if he left the stuff sitting in the driveway, not his fault and it sucks! People suck.

7. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

+1... I hope your Dad's stuff was insured. The economy has elevated the theft rates everywhere. 4 guys, a piece of carpet or a tarp, can load a bike in a truck in about 10 seconds...a profitable business....until they get cought :up:

8. CRA_Fizzer

CRA_Fizzer Honking at putter!

People are desperate these days.

Someone stole the propane tank from the house we are buying!

9. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Around here alot of the increase in theft is because of prescription drug addicts. It's getting bad all over because of it I'm sure. I've read that Oxy is harder to quit than herion.

Lots of construction sites getting hit for copper and junk yards for cat. convertors.

10. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

That got big in Detroit 12 years ago.

11. mb17

mb17 Broughton859

Yea it's scary how desperate addicts our getting and Ive been robbed by a Friends brother so he could fuel his need for perk 30's. They'll do anything for a fix.

I hope the op can find who did it and send them off and I'll keep an eye open in Lexington ky if they try and unload it down here.

12. TrackStar

TrackStar www.trackstar1.com

Sorry to hear. We've got alarms on everything now. We had a 6 foot long 2 foot wide piece of 1/4 plate steel with a wheel chock welded to it at the shop we used for setting up suspension and burnout contests. We left it outside 1 night... gone the next day. They go through our dumpster regularly looking for cans or metal.

Another local shop had a brand new quad stolen last week. They broke the front window and rode it out.

Around here they will rent a small U-Haul box truck and just drive around and load it up with anything not bolted down. Middle of the day doesnt matter either. They will just roll up and start loading stuff.

13. river rat

Thanks man, I appreciate it. It's a longshot that this post will help the case, but stranger things have happened...

14. vince69007

vince69007 CRASH277

ironically, i just bought a new industrial lock for my storage shed, yesterday. only way to get in now is to literally smash the door off.

hope you guys find your stuff!! keep an eye on craigslist and other local for sale add sites.

15. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

My buddies cat converter was solen from his Tundra while he was at work, with hundreds of cars and video in the parking lot. I guess a certain year Toyota is worth a little more. You can buy a cable/lock kit as a theft deterent

16. kjohnson

kjohnson Axis

This is what makes things like this really suck.This is why I refer to my house as Area 51.

17. kanatuna

kanatuna You can't polish a turd..

Sorry to hear about that Troy....people are getting lower and lower. Hopefully times will change soon.