1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GSXR brakes better now

Discussion in 'Tech' started by fzgixxerman, Jan 8, 2008.

1. fzgixxerman

fzgixxerman AKA Mark Byrd

I post up about the brake on my K7 GSXR 1000 was not feeling to good to make a long story short. So I first replace pads with RJL, install SS lines, Motual brake fluid, better but still not as firm or as must stopping power as my R1 brakes. So I replace the Master cylinder with the brembo 19X18 MC. WOW!!!!!! The firmest/feel of the lever is Awesome. Stopping power is better specially hot. I still may try the SRJL- 17 or the SRJL-XX to see the difference but the track will tell more. Over all the Brembo was the best brake update so far. I hope this thead may help someone who is maybe thinking about GSXR brake upgrading. But one more note. you must replace the clip on too, the brembo MC mount is to wide to fix the stock clip on. the woodcraft clip on are a great upgrade too. Relieves the pressure on my wrists and make the bike turn in easier. Thanks you all the people help me.

2. flounder

flounder Bi-Polar Genius

Good info.

3. mesmeralda

mesmeralda Active Member

Pics please

4. fzgixxerman

I will post pics soon.

5. Bad Dog

Bad Dog Well-Known Member

Trouble is, its an illegal mod for some clubs if your run Supersport. :(

6. fzgixxerman

Yes, you are right but it's awesome for trackdays.

7. fzgixxerman

Heres the pics of the brake system. 07 gsxr 1000 rotors and latest pics 011 (Medium).jpg

07 gsxr 1000 rotors and latest pics (Medium).jpg

8. Bad Dog

Bad Dog Well-Known Member

Yeah, I wish it was a legal upgrade, the stock masters are really bad sometimes, :(

9. gixxerlvr

gixxerlvr Shoot, Move, Communicate

Is it legal for superbike and F-1?

10. JBall

JBall REALLY senior member

Yes

11. fzgixxerman

It should be illegal to sale a bike with a brake system that feel like sh%&&t. Some say it good but I know better.

12. adamm07

adamm07 Well-Known Member

I've got one of those on my trackday bike too, I love it.
    One thought though, and you may have already done it, just after the pics were taken, but throw a ziptie around the pivot shaft. I've heard rumors that the clip likes to remove itself at inopportune(sp?) times.

Adam

13. gixxersmitty

gixxersmitty Well-Known Member

Safety wire it. Thats not something I'd trust a zip tie to keep in place.