1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GSXR 750 motor (Shipping Weight)

Discussion in 'General' started by Roman Kilgore, Jan 28, 2000.

1. Does anybody have any idea how much the 96-99 GSXR 750 motors weigh? E-mail me at [email protected]

2. JamesG

JamesG Architeuthis dux

real heavy?

sorry, I'm just trying to pad my posts count.
    <snicker snicker> [​IMG]

3. nov292

nov292 Guest

Is NASA looking for a new space shuttle power plant? The 1100 enging probably has a better power to weight ratio. [​IMG]

4. You guys KILL me! We are working on some Proto type motors here at NASA that I will run in my bikes next year. I am sending a motor to a friend and wanted to know how much the motor weighs so I can send it via UPS. They have a 150lbs. cut off…

5. Chuck

Chuck Guest

We shipped a 2000 GSXR600 motor in a Suzuki crate and it's weight was measured to be 175lbs.

6. Chuck,

Thanks for the info. ONE other ???? How did you ship it UPS or Yellow Freight Etc.?

Thanks

Roman

7. Chuck

Chuck Guest

Yellow Freight and it cost about $190.

8. alienator

alienator Well-Known Member

I shipped a motor via Delta Air Cargo, guaranteed next day, for $160. Without the next day guarantee, the price would have been less than $100. Total wt was about 150lbs.

9. Finally sent it out via UPS ground cost about $60 (motor only no fluids for obvious reasons) with $1500 worth of insurance. Just in case, any one wants to know…

Thanks for all of the post.

Roman