1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Greg Moore fall down go boom. Looks like overtime for the well wishin machine.

Discussion in 'General' started by Chubby Huggs, Jan 25, 2004.

1. Sunny

Sunny Banned

Hang in there and let the WERA people know if you need anything! :beer:

2. WERA29

WERA29 On a mental field trip...

That's the first time I've ever seen that in print. Looks good! ;)

Make sure you remind him how lucky he is to have you. :D

3. The Wood

The Wood Well-Known Member

Misty,
    You guys have my number so if you need anything at all, please do not hesitate to call.

Dewey

4. novice52

novice52 there, but not really

get well soon greg

5. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

I had to ask after reading this.

Cop cars on a race track? Whatever for? I've seen cops on the property at race tracks, but never actually out on the track.

6. Chubby Huggs

Chubby Huggs Guest

Beth said that the ambulance that was there called for another ambulance (more of a trauma one). When that call goes out over the normal ER channels the cops are sent.

7. In Your Corner

Sounds like they need better ambulance coverage at the track.
    They should be prepared to handle heavy trauma cases. Those are usually the times when the last thing you want is further delay caused by calling another unit to the track.
    This reminds me of a conversation I had at the LRRS banquet last weekend concerning how racers feel about the competency and availability of medical response. Seemed as though many racers just didn't want to think about it.
    From the description, sounds like NPR is running a little light on medical services. Do any of you racers ever investigate ahead of time the level of medical service provided at a track before racing there? Your life could depend on the competency of care you receive out on the track. Regardless of the level you race at, I've seen enough crashes to know that anyone can be swept up in catastrophic events, including spectators and officials.

8. Manic

Manic Well-Known Member

Sounds like you needed to be there before passing judgement. The second ambulance was called for transport so the one hired by the track would not have to leave the grounds and further delay anything else. This event happened to be overwith but that is the procedure that we follow. In this case Air-med was brought in but Greg recieved Parametic care about 15 seconds after his bike stopped sliding.

Sorry for the defensive sounding tone of this response but your response seems to be nothing but trouble making as the event was run with rider safety FIRST on the list. Even the section of wall that Greg was unlucky enough to encounter was further down the track than previously thought would cause problems. Hindsite being 20/20 those issues are being addressed as I type this in order for something like this never happening again. But again, NO! The ambulance service was not a problem at all. Hell, the track is out in the middle of NOWHERE and the second ambulance was on scene within 8 min. Air-med was on scene within 15-20 and they came from over 40 miles away!

9. WERA872

WERA872 Well-Known Member

Misty,
    Please send Greg our well-wishes. Jeff said that he spoke with you last night, if there is anything we can do please don't hestitate to call. You are both in our thoughts and prayers.

Hang in there girl, you are an unbelievable woman! As always, we are here if you need us.

Stacie and Jeff Walker

10. In Your Corner

Sorry if you think questioning the safety arrangements is just trouble-making. My statement was based on the response I got to an earlier post stating the second ambulance was a trauma unit.
    I don't race, the safety aspect is where I get involved. The point I was alluding to was that one ambulance at the track is not sufficient. With a seriously injured rider or multiple serious injuries, one ambulance crew would be unlikely to be able to provide services needed. I am suggesting that you consider having more than one unit at the track. Just as you didn't forsee the rider hitting the wall, you may not be forseeing the possibility of a multiple heavy trauma crash. An eight minute response time to a rider who isn't breathing is a serious delay.
    Just curious, are all transports done by helicopter there?

11. Breaker

Breaker Active Member

Unfortunately I have never had the pleasure of meeting you Greg, but I hope you are back on your feet real soon.
    And good luck!!!!

12. Manic

Manic Well-Known Member

Please tell me how many would be enough? As I stated before, NO ONE waited 8min. Greg had medical help within a FEW SECONDS. The closest hospital is less than 10 min away and I only know of 1 other instance in 3 years that a rider has been airlifted. The track is located on a fairly small area of land and even the farthest part of the track can be reached within 1 min.
    Greg recieved excellent care and the reason he was airlifted was to get a seriously injured rider to an EXCELLENT hospital in the shortest period of time because of the severe pain he was in. I don't wish to argue, just to calm any unnessary BS added to an unfortunate situation.
    For the record, I am a racer, track rider, and as Race Director for this event, Saftey was my main concern. I look at everything with the "what if I were in this race" mentality.
    If you do have other comments or questions, please PM me so as to try to keep this thread about Greg. I am printing these responses and bringing them to Greg on a daily basis so as to keep him cheered up.

Greg is doing fine and seems to be getting better everyday. He hopes to be released by Friday or Saturday and is hoping to be able to walk with a walker before being released. That is determination!

13. In Your Corner

Don't see the need to go to PMs, so I started a new thread.

14. puresportsdesigns

puresportsdesigns Yea, I guess

We've never formally met but I hope the healing process is as quick as you are on the track.