1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Green card

Discussion in 'General' started by iomTT, Dec 29, 2014.

1. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

Sing out when an if this happens if any guidance reqd

2. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

It will be about 4 years before she is done with school. But thanks. If you make it to Canada you have to try and get out to Calgary. I have a couch you can surf, and I will make sure you have a mini you can race on our new track. It is SICK technical. Our club is where World SBK racer Brett McCormick honed his early skills,

3. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

I was supposed to come and live in Calgary years ago and race for garry Goodfellow, but it all fell through with him

4. backcountryme

The only bad things about Calgary are the lack of big tracks (although Edmonton is only 3 hours away), it is cold in the winter, and it is Canada. Ha.

5. Why a green card and not a visa? I didn't read through the entire thread. I am one document away from my US citizenship (due to having a not do pkeasebt officer at USCIS).

6. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

work/income man. A tourist visa is a piece of piss obviously but I need to earn money to be able to pay for my racing addiction.

7. dreamchaser

dreamchaser Active Member

good luck in your quest Shaun, i looked into the same thing a few years back...

no luck.

Kev

8. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

Kev, did ya get anywhere with it?

9. dreamchaser

dreamchaser Active Member

10. backcountryme

You are in NZ, just go check out the Midget racing, or speed cars as I think you guys call them. Talk your way into driving one. They are bad ass. That is what I grew up with. nZ and Oz are the only other countries other then the US that they are run.

11. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

"Midgets" Yes, have driven one a couple of times and loved it. I would kill to race any kind of 4 wheel vehicle now ( Apart from those dumb trucks jumping shit) and typicall of my arrogant? Confident nature, know I would be dam fast

12. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

I got ride for you if you ever make here, I am always looking for drivers :)

13. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

Thankyou very much sir. where am I heading too then man, what State area city town paddock? Doubt I can get there till around late Feb early March though,

14. TWF2

Opposite from where you now, Nevada desert.
    This is car you will drive. :)

[​IMG]

15. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

Haha What is it Zoran? Not that it really matters

16. TWF2

It is car racing. Most popular racing in country right now, Lemons and chump. Economy is not problem here, it does not get cheaper than this. They are all pos old cars but lots of fun. Race is 2 days long, about 8 hours each day. Need 4 drivers to race.
    Here is my car, old 533.

[​IMG]

17. backcountryme

I would be all over the Chumpcar stuff. Looks fun. I miss racing midgets though. Almost 400hp in a car tha weighs under 900 pounds. Direct drive, no clutch, just a gas pedal and a steering wheel.

18. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

swt as talk soon mate

19. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

Damn, Zoran! You gotta make it to the Halloween Hooptie Fest at Loudon with your car.
    (And don't forget a t shirt for me as a bribe!)

20. TWF2

Long haul to bring my car but if there is team that needs driver I am in :)
    I am doing Barber next month with guys from NC.