1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GoPro secured?

Discussion in 'Tech' started by TJS, Jun 26, 2017.

1. TJS

TJS 1994 GSXR 750 and Bandit 400

Please post some pics of how to "secure", safety wire your GoPro for the tank, tail section, ??

2. Rising

Rising Well-Known Member

I have a stick-on plastic anchor on the go pro case and then use a fishing leader to attach from the anchor to a location on the bike.

3. Rogue4

Rogue4 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

TJS likes this.
  4. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

How many dashes does one bike need?

5. Rogue4

Rogue4 Well-Known Member

If you're referring to the You Tune, it has functions that I can't access from my OEM dash. Adjustable launch control and AFR's being the main purpose.

6. pfhenry

pfhenry Well-Known Member

kind of amazing how steady the footage looks with just a bit of receipt paper(folded 3-4times) on one side.
    IMG_0035.JPG IMG_0036.JPG IMG_0037.JPG

Laz likes this.
  7. L8 Braker

L8 Braker 'Murica

8. pfhenry

pfhenry Well-Known Member

the sliding(clicking the mount in)moves the paper forward so make the strip 2x long as the mount...or slightly longer and justify it to the right... if you have to force it your paper is too thick for that amount of folds

9. Rogue4

Rogue4 Well-Known Member

Good tip with the paper. I ended up with one of these.

Attached Files:

Ed610moto likes this.
  10. stangmx13

stangmx13 Well-Known Member

Just put some electrical tape on the base, then slide in the camera. It won't rattle one bit.

For safety wire, I loop around the metal bar at the bottom of the housing then to the nearest fairing bolt. Simple and strong.

TJS likes this.
  11. ts199

ts199 Well-Known Member

I hope to one day ride fast enough to be able to take video and not be humiliated when watching it later!

Bad enough seeing still shots of myself.

j cal, bleacht and SLOhio like this.
  12. Spitz

Spitz Well-Known Member

Do it, you'll see errors instantly. I'm not shitting either. I think I dropped like 2 seconds off RA the next time I went just because I could see myself short shifting in certain areas, as in time you were super focused on line and maybe couldn't hear the engine. Try it, you'll be amazed and super bummed all at once.. :D

13. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

+1 on the safety wire portion.