1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Good suspension theory/tuning books

Discussion in 'General' started by Ian178, Dec 1, 2009.

1. Ian178

Ian178 Well-Known Member

I'm looking for a book on suspension theory and tuning. I have seen some on amazon. Andrew trevitt's book looked interesting, and up to date, but it doesn't appear to be as technical as what i'm looking for (from looking at the table of contents). I'd really like somthing that is real world and usable, but still includes some math and physics.

If anyone has a suggestion, i'd appreciate it.

2. rshuki

rshuki Member

3. Sklossmonster

Sklossmonster Well-Known Member

You could also check out Tony Foale's book http://www.tonyfoale.com/book.htm

It's a little on the academic side, and has a lot of historical info you may not be into, but there's some good stuff in there.

4. Gigantic

Gigantic Maverick Moto Media

:stupid: google him & check out his website, too. Lots of interesting info about chassis design & setup there, too. Granted, the website is a little ancient looking...

5. Ian178

Ian178 Well-Known Member

Wow, thats like $140 with shipping! the dollar sucks! From the description it's exactly what i'm looking for though. Thanks.

6. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

7. 418

418 Expert #59

8. RubberChicken

RubberChicken PimpMasterT

If you'd llike to meet and talk to Tony, he will be the featured guest at a three-day Tech event in Pennsylvania in February (SuperBowl weekend)

An hour with Tony Foale is equal to a year in engineering school, I think.

9. The_R1_Kid

The_R1_Kid Well-Known Member

I went to a 3 day seminar of his in 2005. By the 3rd day the class had shrunk in half, and I could hardly stay awake. It's a good class, very informative, but not very entertaining. If you are going to his seminar buy the book there. He gives a very nice discount.

10. AeroRamer

AeroRamer Mid-life crisis is fake