1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Going Motorcycle Drag Racing July 21-23 Cordova IL

Discussion in 'General' started by Boman Forklift, Jul 15, 2023.

1. Pride & Joy

Pride & Joy Well-Known Member

Congratulations Rob, it sounds like you had a great weekend. Win or lose, race weekends are always my favorites - although winning certainly makes for much better bench racing afterwards!

Boman Forklift likes this.
  2. Rdrace42

Rdrace42 Almost Cheddar

LOL...I was just going to say when I saw the pic....yeah, you're not getting enough transfer there. Do you have a data logger? Wondering how much you're spinning, as I think your 60' should be lower 1.20. Don't know 1/8 mile numbers, but your reaction times are pretty on point. IIRC we were doing 1.05-1.08 60' times, and 1.15-1.18 in Top Gas.

Boman Forklift likes this.
  3. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Yea your bike is much faster than my bike. My 60 ft was pretty good, per the shop I was running with. Between 1.28-1.30 and only running 5.63-5.75 which is equal to 8.90-9.0 in the 1/4 mile. The shop I ran with has a bike running 8.40’s that was 60 ft over 1.30, he just had a bigger engine and better head than me.

With your 60 ft, were you in the 7’s in the 1/4 mile?

4. brex

brex Well-Known Member

What happens at your drag show stays at your drag show.

5. Rdrace42

Rdrace42 Almost Cheddar

Wasn't me. I crewed for Joe Koenig, and then Geno Scali in PSB. Joe's best was 7.029, and Geno I'm pretty sure got into the 6.80's.

Boman Forklift and pro69ss like this.