1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GNF Airfence, EMTs, Cornerworkers and WERA

Discussion in 'General' started by dale-505, Oct 12, 2009.

1. dale-505

dale-505 Ride Safe!

Thanks!!

I had my second ever close encounter with Airfence. It happened on Thursday morning at the GNF practice.

I hit the Airfence at the T4 wall on the left side. I got on the gas too hard and wasn't able to turn the bike into the blind right hander in time. I got it wrong. I came away unscathed except for some temporary retrograde amnesia, and some bruises from my bike hitting me.

Thanks to EMT Mike whose favorite number is 11, and Mindy? whose favorite color is blue. :) Thanks to the cornerworkers and Chaplain Tim for guiding me along until I came to my senses (well one could argue).

My thanks to all who make the sport safer!

2. Paint Shaker

Paint Shaker Tractor Motor Racer

I'll second the round of thanks!!! I had the misfortune of gathering their attention once on Thursday practice due to a highside off the rumbles coming out of 5 and once during the Sat LWTSB race after I lowsided in 10A trying to avoid a rider who went down right in front of me.

So here's to WERA, the Corners workers and the EMT Staff!!! Without you guys, we wouldn't be racing!!

:beer:

3. Six3SixGal

Six3SixGal Official WERA Cat Lady

+10000000

I think everyone in our pits went down at least once this weekend (that's 6 of us!!!) and we all came out relatively unscathed!

Excellent work from ALL the cornerworkers, EMTs and WERA staff! Especially the nice corner workers who held my bike until i caught my breathe from falling in T10a and then spun my bar around enough that I could ride back into the pits...

And as for the WERA staff - I missed my 600 novice practice on Sunday AM.. i was able to run to registration on 1st call for 750 novices, register for that class, go alllll the way back to my pit, gear up, tech in, and make it out for third call and my practice!! Thank you for being so speedy!!

4. MFreeland

MFreeland Member

That was a first for me :) went something like :
    Control : 4 how is your rider ?
    Me: Don't know , I can't find him !

I was so glad to see you crawl out of the other side of the air fence:wow:
    You must have some sort of tunneling experience:D

Also glad to see you were able to get back out there.