1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GMD Atlanta vs. Ft. Lauderdale

Discussion in 'General' started by chrisarillo, Sep 23, 2002.

1. chrisarillo

chrisarillo Well-Known Member

I have to have some bits on my GSXR straightned after my high-side. I am planning on bringing it to GMD for an optimization/ straightening thing. Should I bring it Atlanta or Ft. Lauderdale? Thoughts, past experiences?

2. WERA29

WERA29 On a mental field trip...

I've had work done on a couple bikes by GMD Atlanta before and will highly recommend Kent and Tracy. They've done great work and taken very good care of me and my team.

I've never dealt with the FL location but I did meet one of the guys from there at Road Atlanta this July and he was working with Kent and Tracy. If he didn't know what he was doing, Kent wouldn't let him touch a bike so I'd take that as a pretty good sign. :)

3. huffdaddy

huffdaddy Well-Known Member

the fl. guys are good too and it is closer to your house. kent and tracy are real picky on the type of people that hang under their banner.

4. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

Either will do a good job but if you can take it to the original(Kent and Traci) then do it. :cool:

I've not met a bad GMD rep yet but I'm kind of partial to Kent and Traci. :)

5. funksouljon

funksouljon Well-Known Member

John has needed to use the ATL shop to straighten his slug, so he might be considered a "subject-matter expert" on this topic.

Chris, Stu also speaks highly for the ATL one. That is who he devotes his paycheck to.

If you are planning on doing it later in the year, we might be able to take ours up together. :) She aint as "inline" as she used to be.

6. Rev Limit Racing

Rev Limit Racing Well-Known Member

I'm with Tom, You can not go wrong with Kent and Tracy. They really are a Class Act. I've never dealt with the guys down south, they're probably good people too. Why change a good thing- you know. Keep up the great work Kent and Tracy.
    Smitty Tocorzic

7. ruckusracing

ruckusracing Well-Known Member

Just to let you all know...the Ft. L. store is owned by Kent and Tracy and Eric is one of their employees. He runs the Ft. L. shop. I would take it to either.

As far as which one is closer....last time I went to Miami it was as long a drive as Atlanta.

Kent has done all of my work, but I am usually passing thru Atlanta or he is going thru Lake city so I just drop off or pick up at those locations or meet him at the track.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2002