Gift for returning defender of freedom

Discussion in 'General' started by HFD1Motorsports, Sep 6, 2009.

1. HFD1Motorsports

HFD1Motorsports BIKE TUNA

Devin is in the Army...He signed up just so he could go overseas to help out the fight...he has been to Iraq and Afghanistan...Good kid.....Well he has a old R6 2001 model it is a sad bike..He told me take care of it while he was gone..Well he is coming home sometime in Oct..maybe..Me and Kenny are working on it to get it nice for him to ride when he comes home...
    I know times are tight...I do not ask for much But here goes..
    I need some stuff...there has to be some goodies laying around somewhere..
    looking for sharkskinz street upper/lower and a solotail
    Think we have a paint hookup...
    leftside stator cover
    rear shock He does a few trackday rides
    headlights
    ft rim
    ft rotors
    vortex peg
    vortex toe pieces
    Exhaust hanger
    Windshield
    ft brake pads
    Rear Rotor
    ft brake lever
    clutch lever
    vortex frameslider pucks the two piece type not the base but the slider part
    ft forks need some valving done to them. Max Kent Mike ???
    in need of some good pistons stock is fine
    Kenny is helping out as much as he can we have cleaned up the bike and working on the frame.
    I am building the engine
    it needs pistons rings gaskets ect...
    I am sending the head off for a cnc valve job
    Not building a showbike just trying help a true American out....
    I have new tires,Factory Pro V stacks Exhaust sys is ok
    we are painting the wheels frame unless we can get some help powder coating
    Me and Kenny are both strapped for cash with his two projects or we would just handle it out of our pockets...
    Any help would be greatly rewarding
    Huffdaddy says Thank You

2. trispdtrip

trispdtrip Poor, Fat, Slow Racer

Send me the forks. I will take care of them. I will also check and see what I can do for a shock. I will have to let you know Tuesday on the shock but I believe I can hook you up there as well.
    Good by you!:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

3. Josh Whitehead

Josh Whitehead Crash Test Dummy

4. ToddClark

ToddClark f'n know it all

5. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

I have secured replacement clipon bars and a rear sprocket as well as some monetary donations.

Mr. Hardy that is awesome....You guys have always done good work for me and I know he will truly appreciate your efforts.

6. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

I have the Vortex rearsets that I took off the RC51 (2002). One peg was ground down but the other is fine. If you think parts will fit let me know (or if you know what type of end the Vortex has, I think these are nubless) Drop me a PM if you think I have something that will be of use and I will post pictures or descriptions as needed.

7. Venom51

Rob,

I'll tell you what would be really useful from them if you are willing to part with them would be the Toe pieces on both the shift and brake lever. Both of those had been replaced with some bolts and nuts at some point.

8. Venom51

Is the RC51 Penske shock pretty much the same as the R6....I have one just sitting on my RC that's not getting used I'll donate if it can be converted to work.

9. chrison600

chrison600 Well-Known Member

I'll donate a set of stainless brake lines. Doesn't sound like the bike 'needs' them, but they would add some style and spruce up the brakes a little.

It would be great if in doing so I could also get some exposure in the ATL area. If you have ideas there, just PM me...

Let me know if you're interested in the lines.

10. HFD1Motorsports

Thanks a ton guys I am going to ask Sharkskinz if they will help out on the price of the bodywork if nobody has any old stuff Painters like fresh surface to do thier magic on but used is good too me and Kenny can strip and sand....

11. HFD1Motorsports

We are taking cash donations as well...to cover shipping paint parts ect..
    ANY money left over will go to the Freedom Alliance Scholarship Fund...they send kids to collage that have had a family member taken from them in the Military Forces They sent 167 kids last year 2008 :)
    Paypal [email protected]
    or get hold of Kenny Duval
    we are not looking for a big deal just enough for a cool bike for him to ride

Last edited: Sep 6, 2009
  12. GAMBLER

GAMBLER Neard supporter

you rock!

& anyone else that can help... also ROCKS

:beer:

13. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

Good on ya, Huff and Kenny!

14. nekite

nekite New Member

I've got headlights and both levers I can send out. I might have an exhaust hanger too, let me check.

15. HFD1Motorsports

Thank you!!! Rock on...sent you a pm

16. trispdtrip

trispdtrip Poor, Fat, Slow Racer

It will be tomorrow before I can tell you for sure but I will check and let you know.

17. alocker

alocker Well-Known Member

Not sure if this helps, but it sounds like he needs the entire front end. I have a set of mint 08 R6R monoblocks I would donate if you decide to swap for a late model setup.

18. Venom51

We are staying with the conventional front end...but thank you very much for your willingness to donate.

19. KovzR6

KovzR6 Well-Known Member

i might have some stuff left over from my 1st gen R6 in the garage... i know 100% for sure i have a few sets of rotors, and i think i might have a front rim

20. r6fast

r6fast Well-Known Member

I have a handy stands front stand that I have not used in years I can donate. May have some other items. Check tomorrow around the shop.