1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fuck You Very Much Verizon In Your Anoos

Discussion in 'General' started by Sweatypants, Aug 1, 2018.

1. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

email just now...

2. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

It ain't Verizon sport....

When Verizon asks you to pay more to keep providing you BeIN sports then complain about Verizon. You current complaint should be targeting BeIN.

3. 1kk8

1kk8 Well-Known Member

Yup, just saw this.

BeIN no longer carried by comcast OR verizon. WTF. Now what? I have to subscribe to watch MotoAmerica and MotoGP independently?

Last edited: Aug 1, 2018
  4. Sweatypants

but BeIN brings me so much joy, and Verizon is such a full of shit company... that still, fuck Verizon up its ass. here's the thing about that... Verizon in its infinite glory, charges the majority of my money to bring me horseshit like ESPN that i don't even watch cause who gives a fuck about college football or watching baseball on tv. so they can take that from me and use the money to keep BeIN. that's where i'm at.

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

So nuke Verizon and just get the Sling BeIn subscription.

6. Sweatypants

you kids and your new fangled gadgetry and doo-dads...

7. Yep, a similar thing has happened with other providers (Charter Communications and I believe Comcast also).

That isn’t their fault...it is BeIN’s fault.

BeIN decided to suddenly jack up their rates, and providers are forced to either eat the extra costs, pass it on to the customers, or drop BeIN altogether.

I am pretty sure this thread should be titled “Fuck you very much BeIN”, rather than Verizon.

CRA_Fizzer likes this.
  8. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

At some point there's going to have to be a reset in media. The traditional format was "free content, with advertisers footing the bill", then cable came along and it moved to "customers pay for premium content with no ads", and now they just keep squeezing the turnip to the point that advertisers pay, content sucks (because there's a commercial break every few minutes), and customers pay out the ass too. Do you realize that between cable/satellite, internet access, phone data, various streaming apps, and satellite radio, it's not uncommon for a family to spend $300+/mo to entertain themselves via video and music?

9. They don’t base their prices on “what brings you joy”. Nor do they cater their packages to the 1%. Millions of more people care about College Football and Baseball than BeIN/Roadracing.

And again, it is BeIN who decided to fuck Verizon (thereby fucking you). Your anger is misplaced.

wmhjr likes this.
  10. If I add up AT&T, Cable (Charter), Netflix, and what I spend on VuDu every month, it comes to over $600.

That doesn’t count random shit like going out to the theater or iTunes downloads.

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

BeIn has paid more to get better content - at which point they are more popular and the providers have to pay more to show their channel. Welcome to how TV works :crackup:

badmoon692008 likes this.
  12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Chris, you know I love you but you're an idiot :crackup:

dtalbott and Sweatypants like this.
  13. Sweatypants

when has that ever stopped anyone here before about anything?

(also $600? you live like a crazy person haha)

14. Rebel635

Rebel635 Well-Known Member

Well it is Sweatstains....are you surprised??

15. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Insanity. But when I add it up too, I'm over $300 and I don't even watch but about three channels. :mad:

16. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

You need to understand more about how content rights are negotiated. ESPN along with TSN are currently being propped up by Disney. If your provider wants to offer you Disney programming they have no choice but to take ESPN and pass the cost of that along to you. It's why programming packages exist. Not because the provider wants to force you into certain packages...because they have no choice if they want to provide you other content owned by the same entity.

17. Sweatypants

i know i know. i just felt like boring-time ranting a little and it was relevant content to this place. honestly, i didn't have it for the longest time, if i didn't have it again, i wouldn't lose any sleep over it. but i have been enjoying the racing this past year or so that i used to have to scour the internet for after the fact.

18. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Poop! Well, that sucks. Bein had awesome coverage and was my source of watching motoamerica, motogp and WSBK.

19. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

600, good God. I finally got rid of that insane satellite bill for 99% of the crap we never even used. We're internet only now. That provides us with Sling, Netflix, Amazon Prime, and the cost of the internet for around 100 total. We cut out over 200 bucks a month and I couldn't be happier.

20. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

FYI, BeIn has a youtube channel where they put up the motoamerica races just a few days after the races aired.