Franken bike NSR250r mini bike project

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by fonzy, Sep 7, 2011.

1. fonzy

fonzy Well-Known Member

So here is the scoop, i mini road race with our local club to keep up on my skills , i normally run a ysr , but lately i have wanted to join the formula ranks which has cbr125r's,rs125 with either 4 stroke 150's or 85 2 strokes , using either motard style bikes or rs/tz framed bikes,

My mechanic has a old nsr250r 1989 frame swing arm rear sets and shock laying around , and we are toying around the idea of either a xr200 motor or a 125 air cooled or 85 cc liquid cooled 2 stroke whatever i find cheap i guess,

my main problem is i don't have forks , bodywork, wheels or brakes, has anyone ever looked at these things to see if maybe a 600rr say would work as a front end? i want to end up with 17 inch wheels on it for sure , and as far as body work goes can i just use rs stuff? and anyone has any old rs 250 or 125 stuff kicking around they want to get rid of?

i don't know where else to post these questions any help or leads would be great thanks

2. gpracer15

gpracer15 Built to Ride

PM NSR250MAN here, he probably either has a spare NSR front end or can tell you what works best

3. fonzy

fonzy Well-Known Member

thanks sent him a message hope to hear back soon

4. Dyle

Dyle Glad its a new year!!

Seams like I remember the F3 front end fitting that bike right?? If so the RR front is alittle different than the f3. The fork legs are alittle longer I think is the problem we had trying to put the RR front on the F3.

5. parillaguy

parillaguy vintage+GP racer

"any old rs 250 or 125 stuff kicking around they want to get rid of" Old HRC RS stuff is more valuable now than ever before. A decent set of 1994 forks are worth $600-800. I would expect the NSR stuff is also rare and has gone up in value. So my advice is to grab the early CBR600 stuff fast. As for CBR125 single parts, Honda imported these bikes into the Canadian market and there are whole bikes available for less than what it would cost to buy a pile of parts and build a bike. Go to the CSBK superbike racing website and check out the CBR125 class video to see what they look like. parillaguy