1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Forum Rules

Discussion in 'Track Days' started by Dutch, Oct 15, 2007.

1. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Not that it matters since Dutch rules in the trackday section but I agree with him.

TPM gets into racing they can follow the same rules as the other race orgs. IMHO.

2. RCM78

RCM78 Well-Known Member

WERA is just being shortsighted. TPM and all other trackday orgs feed racing and that of course includes WERA...

3. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

TPM isn't just a trackday provider anymore.

4. divein6

divein6 Well-Known Member

OK without making this in to one of “THOSE” threads, I can accept the fact that its “direct competition”. But, TPM has been doing their racing for quite a while now. This is noting new. But let’s call a spade a spade here. The TPM race school certification has always been accepted by WERA as acceptable to obtain a race license from them. But now that TPM is the official race school of NJMP all of a sudden it is not acceptable.

5. RCM78

RCM78 Well-Known Member

Well, we're certainly not a race org. Doing one race a weekend after lunch is hardly going racing. If anything it just gives riders a taste.

6. hank748

hank748 Well-Known Member

I don't have a dog in this fight, but wasn't this already settled back in early 2009?

7. Dutch

Dutch Token white guy

I'm not sure I understand your point RE TPM being the official race school of NJMP having anything to do with this decision? Why would WERA care? They don't run events at NJMP.

8. Dutch

Dutch Token white guy

So I'm a pie baker. And I host a pie baker BBS. I make pies 24/7/365. You run an organization that hosts pie eating contests and come on the pie baker BBS to promote your events. No harm no foul. Then you announce you too are going to start baking pies, just on a limited basis. And you are going to be selling these pies at the events which you are promoting on the pie bakers BBS free of charge. So the pie maker BBS should allow you to grow your business using their resources because it turns people on to eating pies?

9. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Thanks a ton Dutch, now I'm hungry for pie.

10. RCM78

RCM78 Well-Known Member

What kind of pie?:D

11. RCM78

RCM78 Well-Known Member

I like analogies. The way I see it, TPM is selling just a slice of the pie. If you really like the pie you go to WERA, CCS, or any other race org to get the whole pie...

Now, wheres my pie!!!!!

12. Zakath

Zakath Well-Known Member

i'm just here for the scraps

13. divein6

OK then maybe it is just a coincidence that they stopped accepting TPM race certs around the same time TPM announced they are the official race school of the NJMP series.

14. Dutch

Dutch Token white guy

I honestly have no idea. I was just curious as to why you thought those two events would be linked in some way.

15. divein6

yeah i dont know either. I am not trying to be a wise ass either. Just kinda odd

16. NJR1FTP

NJR1FTP Well-Known Member

ummmmm dutch ?

FYI that thread is closed.

Yes i miss it :(

17. Captain Squid

Captain Squid Well-Known Member

I was wondering if he would notice :crackup:

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

It was. We stopped accepting their certs when they started trying to be a race sanctioning body.

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Get over it :D

20. NJR1FTP

NJR1FTP Well-Known Member

im over it. now i can get some work done. i was contemplating asking you if my boss put you up to it...

:tut: