1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ford dealership near NJ/NY area?

Discussion in 'General' started by Dave_SV, Apr 5, 2016.

1. Dave_SV

Dave_SV Well-Known Member

So my Dodge Dakota is in the process of giving up the ghost and I'm looking to purchase a new (to me) truck. I've narrowed my search down to a 2013-2015 F150 with the Ecoboost engine, extended (not supercrew) cab and towing package. Found a few online in the $32k-$35k range but if anyone has a dealership they would recommend within a 200 mi. radius of zip 07009 I'm all ears.

No I don't need to haul a toyhauler or anything like that, occasional 6x10 trailer and some bikes in the bed so all wise ass comments to go buy a dually diesel will be ignored :p

2. BigBird

BigBird blah

I would look for a brand new dually diesel if I was you. Groceries weigh a lot more than they used to :D

3. Potts N Pans

Potts N Pans Well-Known Member

Yep...that 3 pound pretzel bag is a real bitch to haul to the track!! :)

4. BigBird

BigBird blah

Once you go Diesel, you'll wonder how you ever got to the movies in a gasser.

5. Dave_SV

You all suck, I'm going to hop in my pussy slayer and run you over

6. Potts N Pans

Potts N Pans Well-Known Member

Is it a diesel?? :crackup:

7. Woofentino Pugr

Woofentino Pugr Well-Known Member

Dunno about your area, but ext cab Fords of those years aren't easy to find here. Most everything 2-3yrs old here is mainly supercrew/crew cab/4 regular doors.

My Dakota gave it up in 2012. Got a GMC Sierra to replace it.

If you buy a F150, make sure to invest in a good fire extinguisher. They do have a tendancy to catch fire.:crackup:(BTW my last 2 ford trucks I owned both had dash fires. Luckily nothing that a pop bottle couldnt put out.)

8. HondaGalToo

HondaGalToo Well-Known Member

Fullerton Ford, Somerville, NJ

9. Dave_SV

Wound up going to a Ford dealership out in PA and picked up a CPO '15 F150 Lariat extended cab with all the bells and whistles. Had 9k on the clock and cost me $40k.

I haven't driven a newer high end truck but the test ride felt like something out of NASA with all the screens, knobs and buttons. Now I understand why the pricetag is so nosebleedingly high on newer trucks, these things are really luxury cars with an open bed in the back!

10. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

I'm beginning to hate my new truck and car...touch screen this and touch screen that...give me an old fashioned knob to turn that I don't have to look at in order to turn on the heat or radio...I swear, I almost run off the road trying to get the right spot just to get some heat in this thing....:mad:

tropicoz and BigBird like this.
  11. BigBird

BigBird blah

12. User_Name

User_Name PASSWORD

Rofl Staufer. That's within $500 of what my brother paid for his brand new 2015 Dodge 2500 Diesel a year ago! Did that price include a baby seat?

13. Dave_SV

Already have the baby seat :D

It seems crazy expensive but I looked around and all comparable trucks were within the same price range. I was kind of specific with what I wanted (3.55 locking rear diff, 4x4, tow package, ecoboost, etc.) so I knew going in I was going to pay a premium unless I found a smoking deal.

Since the Dakota was giving up the ghost pretty quickly I didn't have a lot of time to look around either :(

I plan on keeping this truck for the next 10 years and with such low mileage on it right now I don't think that will be an issue. At least that's what I keep telling myself to justify the cost...