1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For the FTP's amongst us

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by ryoung57, Jan 27, 2014.

1. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

So you admit you’re a liberal professor. Lol.

RRP likes this.
  2. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

Wow. Maybe just maybe if one were to reflect a little bit on this logo and take off their snowflake panties for a second they might see a bigger picture. We had a CIC for 8 years that worked hard to create a rift between police/public and police/anyone of color. If we all truly hate police brutality and abuse of power, we should reflect for a second on how to prevent that and reverse the damage done by a CIC with a destructive and divisive agenda. That logo is a simple easy way to show a little support and help reverse the damage done. Amusing how many people just melt down over the thought of a person in uniform or a fucking logo. :crackup:

XFBO likes this.
  3. G 97

G 97 Garth

Some seem to think that this is explicitly against LEO and nothing but FTP, while clearly it is not. It is about citizens rights being Ignored/violated and laws being broken. I’m not willing to make any distinction between LEO breaking laws VS. the general citizenship violating rights and breaking laws. They both are on the same level with me and as a result my feelings towards both of them are the same. I love the seemingly double standard and justification some peeps seem to impart towards one group but not the other - when in reality their actions are the same and should be treated as such. The police don’t afford me, or anyone else any rights but they can certainly violate them.

SuddenBraking likes this.
  4. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

Great accountability. Forget all the shit police have done (esp to people of color) in the history of the US and blame the rift on a guy who had a microphone for 8 years. All negativity toward police is Obama's fault...:rolleyes:

5. G 97

G 97 Garth

I think it’s a fair statement to make that Obama, Holder and Lynch didn't do themselves or law enforcement any favors. They certainly didn’t take direct action to help calm things down. No one is blaming the entire book of racial friction of the the US on them but anyone with any measure of objectivity can clearly see how their comments created additional divisiveness vs. unity. Between the Trayvon and Ferguson ordeals alone, their responses and comments did far more harm than good. I mean if you want to honestly talk about accountability.

6. R Acree

R Acree Banned

All? no. But to deny that his administration played a significant role is absurd.

7. Chino52405

Did his Obama cover up a police officer shooting a man surround by 12 other police officers 16 times for over two years? You think people are more upset because Obama validated their feelings or because sometimes they find out police murder people and work extensively to cover it up?

8. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I think it was more the "hands up don't shoot" and "if I had a son" lies.

9. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Let’s not forget “acted stupidly”...

10. Chino52405

Ferguson was a disaster on so many levels for so many people and the kid involved a noted piece of shit.

I will never get the outrage over a 17 year old kid getting the better of a wanna be rent a cop (who had been told by the real ones to stop) and getting shot for it. OR why Obama saying "if he had a son" is so outrageous to white people. Treyvon sounded like a hot headed 17 year old that could have been any color. I would have done the same thing in his shoes at 17 if Zimmerman tried playing cop with me and got physical. The other person involved is a noted piece of shit both before and after the event yet what I hear of the event most from anyone talking about it is "If I had a son..."

11. R Acree

R Acree Banned

You are free to take it as you wish. Obama had a habit of opening his mouth is this type of situation (giving him the benefit of the doubt) without full information. He is/was, IMHO, the biggest waste of opportunity this country has had in my lifetime. The first African American President in history could have served to be a great unifier. He squandered that historical opportunity.

And BTW, by today's standard, Zimmerman is a person of color so feel free to dismount your racist high horse.

speeddaddy likes this.
  12. pickled egg

But Zimmerman was a white hispanic. Said so in all the papers.

13. R Acree

R Acree Banned

But Hispanics are brown when it comes to discrimination accusations when one is opposed to illegal entry.

14. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

Sounds like a lot of officer I know, in truth it's the majority of those doing the job. :D

15. Chino52405

Zimmerman's color hasn't entered our discussion until you go here...is the fact that George Zimmerman was identified as white why you have a problem with Obama saying "if I had a son"? No? So it's just random "I'm not racist!" remark you had to throw in? No one is persecuting you but yourself there.

16. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Nope. Not even a good try. Zimmerman was categorized to fit a narrative.

17. pickled egg

How delightfully revisionist of you.

The entire narrative was that a WHITE community patrol wannabe gunned down an innocent BLACK boy just trying to get home with his skittles and iced tea, and Obama glommed on like the opportunist he is to try and personalize it by claiming the “victim” could have been his son.

So GTFO with the racist white guy shit, your story don’t sell.

18. Chino52405

Thought we were having a discussion before, but you want to be a dismissive baby...

Obama is bad and I'll go find that racist high horse to ride off on and give you your safe space back.

19. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I'm pretty sure there are white and brown Hispanics.

20. Chino52405

Have yet to call anyone racist...or even allude to it. You guys are dripping with it though.

My only comments on race: Treyvon could have been any color. White people hate that Obama said "If I had a son".

Nothing about Zimmerman.