1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For the FTP's amongst us

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by ryoung57, Jan 27, 2014.

1. mfbRSV

mfbRSV Well-Known Member

That pilot recently failed his simulator test for engine failure on takeoff, and he was still flying. Wonder how that works because the article I read (CNN I think) never mentioned if he passed a retest.

2. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I could bring up the German Wings crash over the French Alps for the sake of argument, but I get your point. :D
    My initial post about pilots was just some sarcasm in response to your completely unrealistic expectations of the general public compared to cops.

3. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Maybe it's a matter of perception or just a difference in the cultures we were brought up in, but I don't see my expectation as that unrealistic. I feel like we all have at least a basic social/moral/ethical obligation to do what's right and help each other out. Obviously police have somewhat more of an obligation but that has more to do with their appointed authority and training than the oath they take. If there was more "greater good" and less "whateva, I do what I want" maybe everything wouldn't be so fucked up...

4. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I'm not saying that private citizens should never intervene when they see someone being wronged in general. But if we should expect the same from them as we do from the police, what do we need cops for?
    And when the person committing the crime has the power to jail you or worse, it's understandable that the majority of people will stay out of it and just use their phone camera.

5. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

6. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Last edited: Jul 24, 2015
  7. Venom51

8. chas

chas Well-Known Member

9. Venom51

10. Rob P

Rob P Well-Known Member

11. aedwards01

aedwards01 Well-Known Member

Like Ive said before, you put humans in split second decisions sooner or later theyre going to make a mistake. The thought probably flashed through that guys head he was going to be run over if he didnt react. Of course he was wrong but once again the suspects actions played a role in the outcome.

12. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

Indeed. Fortunately for all of us the suspect was being filmed and has now been arrested. Small comfort to the family of the victim, however.

13. Rob P

Rob P Well-Known Member

One of the problems was when the cop put the gun in the window while the car was driving off there was a high risk of accidentally discharging the weapon. The driver was clearly acting erratic and tried to flee, but there wasn't a reason to draw the weapon.

14. aedwards01

A simple step back and run to the cruiser would have sufficed but somebody missed dont freak out day at the academy.:D

15. Rob P

Rob P Well-Known Member

He was a university cop, probably sees about as much action there as the local mall cop.

16. nigel smith

Our local university currently employs a black cop who shot and killed a naked, unarmed white student.

17. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

I dont remember the riots associated with that at all. Did the President call him his son?

:)

18. nigel smith

Whitey is sadly deficient in the rioting department, probably due to the lack of appropriate leadership. I would have personally organized some orchestrated civil disobedience, but I had to go to work.

19. aedwards01

:crackup:

I was gonna riot but then I remembered I had to work the next day.