1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For the FTP's amongst us

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by ryoung57, Jan 27, 2014.

1. bpro

bpro Big Ugly Fat F*****

I am required to be able to produce parts 10 years from date of last manufacture(Automotive steering components).

What this means is that for 10 years from end of production I have to be able to supply and/or build a part to original spec and deliver within 10 days. (at no more that 105% production price) At that point the tooling and design becomes sole property of the OEM who can do with it what they wish. Warrantee parts can easily ad 5 years to this in some cases and safety stock must remain available for that time period

2. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Is that a government regulation or a requirement of the OEM? Either way, it's not necessarily a requirement of the agreement between the OEM and the customer.

3. bpro

bpro Big Ugly Fat F*****

OEM (My customer) and industry standard. I am a littlie rusty on the actual codes. I generally work the front end of projects (Industrialization Engineering specializing in tooling and new equipment/technology)

4. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

Woofie, from I can find auto manufacturers have to continue to provide parts until the warranty period of a model expires after it's last one leaves the factory. I think you're right on emission parts.

5. Inquizid

Inquizid Member Well-Known

6. R1Racer99

R1Racer99 Well-Known Member

Where's XFBO these days? These videos aren't as entertaining without him defending all the douchebag cops doing this shit.

7. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

FTSecurityGuard/School

my fiancee's mom was fired and rehired yesterday because school security guard Blart did a drug test on her goodie's headache powder and it tested positive for cocaine. I'm guessing it was left on her desk in the little paper it comes in so he picks it up and goes wtf. Those field drug tests are really good it seems. Dry wall dust and acetaminophen are considered cocaine

I think she may have some leverage to get a raise now

8. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

I have no sympathy for that nurse. If it was not legal to draw blood, she should document it and fight that fight in court. Work with the patient's attorney, not get your stupid self arrested. I'm not defending the police as I don't know the law and they might have been wrong but WTF is the point of getting emotional, fighting them, and getting arrested?

9. brex

brex Well-Known Member

She kept her cool, the cop is who got emotional and broke the law. The nurse in that case did everything correct. She did everything right, even showed him the proper documents and law. Kept calm, obeyed the law, protected an unconscious patient, got her supervisors on the phone, told the cop the law.
    The cop didn't care about the law and went mental because he wasn't getting his way when bullying a lowly woman nurse.
    That moron law breaking cop will lose his job, and possibly his side job of driving an ambulance.
    So far she is saying she won't sue, but should she change her mind she will win. That asshole will end up costing us taxpayer money all because he thinks the badge gives him the right to be a bully and break the law.
    It's really too bad the other cops there that were calm and not breaking the law didnt step in and stop this douche.

motoracer1100 and R1Racer99 like this.
  10. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

I could be wrong but if the nurse drew the blood sample, then she would have broken the law. She was between a rock and hard place. Didn't watch the video but did she elevate it to her supervisor?

11. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

The article left me with the impression that the nurse only became emotional after being physically restrained for attempting to abide by hospital policy. Under the circumstances, her reaction is not particularly surprising.

12. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

Well "journalism" has made it so difficult to get the truth that I am extremely biased against any story that is presented in a way meant to give an "impression". In other words, the media lies so much it's hard to tell what really happened. Someone was right and someone was wrong. If the cop was wrong, he should be disciplined. If the nurse was wrong, she should live with the arrest on her record.

I have no dog in this fight and sure as hell don't think it's news worthy. We are only hearing about it because it's on video and someone wants attention.

Gino230 likes this.
  13. Inquizid

Inquizid Member Well-Known

There is a very detailed video avaialable of almost the entire event, including her talking with her supervisor on speaker phone who tells the officer "you are making a huge mistake" so no need for speculation.

Incidents like this deserve attention because this country is experiencing a PR problem with it's policing tactics and this officer still has his job while the nurse "relives" the incident in the media.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2017
    badmoon692008 likes this.
  14. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Yeah, the full story is that she was calm and cool the whole time until being illegally assaulted. And it is actually against state law for that officer to request the nurse draw a blood sample from an unconscious victim without a warrant. Also against the policy the police department signed with the hospital agreeing they would abide by the law and not harass the medical staff.
    Dude is in hot water.

badmoon692008 likes this.
  15. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

The nurse was not charged with a crime, so there is no arrest for her to live with.
    If the officer was blatantly exceeding the limits of his authority at the expense of a law abiding citizen, perhaps some "attention" is indeed warranted.

16. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

Reading the story, it says the nurse checked with her supervisors and the policeman checked with his supervisor. Each was doing what they were told to do.

Did I miss something?

17. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Yes, one was in blatant violation of the law and was being belligerent.

18. dtalbott

If you can excuse her for doing what her supervisors told her to do, why not the policeman for doing what his supervisors told him?

As a truck driver, a blood sample showing no drugs or alcohol might make his life much easier.

For some companies, a truck driver filing a workers comp claim has to do a drug test immediately.

19. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Not apples to apples. If you can't see that, it is sad. The cop broke the law and was being an asshole the entire time. The nurse obeyed the law and was being calm.

But yeah, hey, it is all the same thing. I am sure if your route told you to drive into the ocean you would just do it, because that is what you are being told.

20. dtalbott

Hey, if you want to be childish and shape the facts to fit your opinion, go ahead.

Unless the nurse was the supervisor on site, she should have referred the policeman to her boss.

The problem seems to be higher up than either of them.