1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For the FTP's amongst us

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by ryoung57, Jan 27, 2014.

1. TakeItApart

TakeItApart Oops!

2. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

A pound? There's got to be footage. That would be s pretty significant boom.

3. six6two

six6two AWD

But does it matter when there's people like Micah Johnson out there who will interpret it one way?

4. joec

joec brace yourself

A pound is not messing around. Lol.
    Also read they locked up ole deeray last night..anyone know why?

5. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

As much as it sounds, it's ONLY 3.2oz per life that POS took......it makes me warm n fuzzy knowing it won't be an open casket.

I kinda dug the suggestion we first heard, that they may have placed an explosive inside the 'requested' cellphone they delivered him.... that was totally stolen right out of Law Abiding Citizen and loved the thought of that being how he was taken out.

With that said, I wonder if their bot had a shotgun mount, ours does, I guess they didn't want to risk using that and missing so they went the C4 route....good on them. Ultimately/potentially saved more lives going that route anyhow.

6. motoracer1100

motoracer1100 Well-Known Member

I guess when I google videos of cops yelling stop resisting, and the first page has multiple vids and links to many others . I must be making up this Shit . It must only come up on " my " phone !!
    ... Back to the 12 ga. :rolleyes:

7. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Stop resisting wasn't the part I was busting your balls about, it was the reaching for the gun AND video clearly showing otherwise.....you suggested there was a bunch of those too. I'll wait....

Have fun shooting innocent clay pigeons. :beer:

8. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Well I can post pics though. See?

:D 20160710_110200.jpg 20160710_110200.jpg

9. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

I ain't got a clue....

10. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

If that ain't your wife's hand, trim those f'ing nails dude. :Poke:

:D

R Acree likes this.
  11. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

I know. I wear gloves all day at work. Rarely see my hands. It's usually not until I scratch the hell out of myself, or the ol lady, that I realize they need a choppin. Lol

12. joec

joec brace yourself

I thought you played guitar??

13. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

Son, if you don't think it's illegal to disobey an officers orders just ask one of you cool cop friends. I'm not going to jump through any hoops to prove it to you since I really don't give a rat's ass if you believe me or not. I just love fucking with people like you since I personally think you're full of it.

On a second note, what kind of life are you living that would have you have so many run-ins with the law? Are you Clyde Barrow's nephew? :)

14. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

Jesus H! Several times per year for speeding??? Are you one of those drivers that needs to be removed from a motor vehicle driver's seat?:)

15. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Motoracer's posts make me think of this I message I keep seeing on FB:

"It's not the police who need to be retrained, it's the public. We have grown into a mouthy, cell phone wielding, vulgar, uncivil society with no personal responsibility and the attitude of 'it's the other person's fault', 'you owe me'. A society where children grow up with no boundaries or knowledge or concern for civil society and personal responsibility.

When an officer says "Put your hands up," then put your hands up! Don't reach for something in your pocket, your lap, your seat. There's plenty of reason for a police officer to feel threatened, there have been multiple assaults and ambushes on police officers lately. Comply with requests from the officer, have your day in court. Don't mouth off, or fight, or refuse to comply... that escalates the situation.

Police officers are our sons and daughters, fathers and mothers, brothers and sisters. They're black, white, brown, all colors, all ethnicities, all faiths, male and female, they are us. They see the worst side of humanity... the raped children, the bloody mangled bodies of traffic victims, the bruised and battered victims of domestic violence, homicide victims, body parts... day after day.

They work holidays while we have festive meals with our families. They miss school events with their kids, birthdays, anniversaries, all those special occasions that we take for granted. They work in all types of weather, under dangerous conditions, for relatively low pay.

They have extensive training, but they are human. When there are numerous attacks on them, they become hyper vigilant for a reason, they have become targets. When a police officer encounters any person... any person, whether at a traffic stop, a street confrontation, an arrest, whatever... that situation has the potential to become life threatening. You, Mr & Mrs/Miss Civilian, also have the responsibility of keeping the situation from getting out of control.

Many, the majority, of law enforcement officers are Veterans. They've been in service to this nation most of their lives, whether on the battlefield or protecting us here at home. They are the only thing that stands between us and anarchy in the streets.

If you want to protect your child, teach them respect... for themselves, for you as a parent, for their teachers, for police officers. Police officers do not make the laws, they merely enforce them. If you don't like the law, be proactive in the political process. The police officer doesn't have, or want, the role of judge and jury.

If you get a speeding ticket... were you speeding? Don't blame the cop if you broke the law. Go to court, pay the fine, don't do it again.

It's easy to judge, it's harder to look within oneself and see what your role should be as a citizen, as a responsible person seeing both sides of the issue."

16. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

This part is so true!

17. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

:stupid:

18. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Civility and respect is a two sided proposition. You don't get it simply based on your job title or the outfit you are wearing. When they go back to not treating everyone as a criminal they just might see their interactions with the general public change for the better.

jase likes this.
  19. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Civility and respect in regard to the law, to society in general, not specifically to the police.

20. motoracer1100

motoracer1100 Well-Known Member

Ok ... Guess what , I just googled ; cops yelling " stop reaching for my Gun " and low and behold , a shit ton more of Vids come up with links to many more !
    And a few ( did not watch them all right now ) show the officers yelling it while the " perp" is doing nothing of the kind . I'm sorry but this kinda crap exists ... It's nothing personal, but you seem to be of the belief that LEO 's can and never do wrong . This is just not the case ..." IMHO"
    And I did have a great day at Sporting Clays ... Fishing will have to wait till tomorrow :beer:

jase likes this.