1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fontana racers question for you.

Discussion in 'General' started by track wagon, Jul 20, 2020.

1. track wagon

track wagon MCAS MIRAMAR

As I watched a video of the track. I noticed that I always struggle for a break marker reference piont on the left hander that comes off the banking and sends you to the infield the tight left right kink turn 4.....NOT the super fast left hander coming high off the banking which is turn 1. The brake markers are set up way on the ouside of the track at the bottom of the banking...

WERA is there a reason you don't put them on the grass on the inside part of the corner? Its almost impossible to see them as your eyes are focused on the entry of the turn so your head is turned to the left you would have to turn your head more than 90 degrees to the right to see them. I over cook that corner alot for this reason.

Is there a written rule somewhere that forbids you to put them on the inside of the corner there? Far enough in that no one would be able to hit them with their knee over the grass? For the past 10 years I have never found a good braking reference piont as everything is so far away from you at that piont on the track.

2. Hotfoot

Hotfoot Well-Known Member

I think that is generally referred to as Turn 3. I agree that those cones are hard to use - I can use the first ones as beginning brake markers (I think I start braking about halfway between them), but I can't keep looking at them and once I turn my head into the corner I definitely can't see the last cone anymore. I think I'd find it helpful to have markers on the inside as well as on the outside.

3. SundaySocial

SundaySocial Blue & Gold

Scooby voice ... Roo-Ohh !
    I brake at far side of the dark patch. Might not work for a green bike !

track wagon likes this.
  4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Other than no one ever asking for them that I know of, I have no reason at all. It's easy enough to get some cones out there, just remind us next event.

track wagon and Shenanigans like this.
  5. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

There you go again being all hard to get along with and shit!! LOL

track wagon likes this.
  6. track wagon

track wagon MCAS MIRAMAR

Noted I will bring it up!! Thank you!!!

7. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Who are you? You can't be Mongo!

Hey Mongo, someone stole your login.

8. socalrider

socalrider pathetic and rude

there he goes not listening to suggestions and mistreating from paying customers.

9. Ducti89

Ducti89 Ticketing Melka’s dirtbike.....

Im driving a backhoe down there now to clip the server line.

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

He knows I won't listen to him so he'll talk to Tommy or Eric or the like :D