FM Helmets at Daytona

Discussion in 'General' started by Paul Wright, Feb 27, 2002.

1. Paul Wright

Paul Wright Well-Known Member

Just putting the word out - there will be FM helmets in each style and color available to see, touch, and try on at the Daytona International Motorcycle Show in the large and deluxe FASTLAP tent, Wed 2/6 through Sun 2/10. The FASTLAP tent location is almost dead straight ahead as you walk in the gate to the show in front of the track. BTW, you will be able to reserve your FM helmet on the spot if you like. The first full shipment of for sale helmets will arrive a few weeks after Daytona. Sorry for the delay getting them here. I could tell stories for days about all the legal and insurance problems that had to be overcome before the first helmet can be delivered to a customer. Thanks for your patience, and rest assured - the quality, price, and available contingency will be worth the wait.

2. d_alexand

d_alexand Well-Known Member

I saw the contingency info listed on the website & in RRW, but could you tell me which classes, and minimum # of riders for payout? Thanks.

3. Paul Wright

Paul Wright Well-Known Member

All WERA Regiaonal and National sprint classes except Regional 125GP and clubman classes. No minimum grids. If you are the only one out there and you get first, you are $75 better off ($100 at a National).

The only reason Regional 125 and Clubman is excluded is because they typically have very small grids, and we did not want to do a grid size limitation across the board. I know some guys are not happy about that, but doing it the other way pisses off even more people!

4. gt#179

gt#179 Dirt Dork

so no clubman sprint racing contingency???

so much for that idea...

you might change your website as it doesn't say anything about class restrictions. I was thinking of trying for contingency but for now my hawk isn't competative in anything but clubman.

just FYI- this past race weekend at talladega, clubman expert and novice (separatly) had more entrants than:
    A superstock expert
    B superbike expert
    B superstock expert
    D super expert
    F-1 expert
    F-2 expert
    heavyweight twins expert
    heavyweight twins novice
    lightweight twins expert

and the same numbers as
    F 2 novice
    lightweight twins novice and maybe a few more..

pretty close numbers..

oh well..

Jeff

5. gpracer15

gpracer15 Built to Ride

I guess all is not lost for 2002 now [​IMG]

Good luck with the helmets. Give Opie the Simpson's one. He has a thing for LISA.