1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fluid retaining bellypan

Discussion in '2-Stroke Machines' started by jeppe, Nov 5, 2002.

1. jeppe

jeppe Well-Known Member

Now when the exception for Aprilia RS250 belly pan has been removed from the rule book and everybody must have one,
    does anybody know where to get one or have some pictures or ideas how to do it your selfe??
    TIA
    Swede

2. pseudocode

pseudocode Well-Known Member

Bellypan

Do you know if/when the exception will be removed?

There is a guy on the Apriliacup Yahoo group who made a bellypan using fiberglass cloth to mold it in. I suck at fiberglass so I wouldn't even attempt it.

3. jeppe

jeppe Well-Known Member

I emailed Shawn yesterday an this is what he wrote back to me

"No more exceptions - everyone must have them.

Sean P. Clarke
    WERA Motorcycle Roadracing
    www.wera.com"

So for next season we better be prepared!

I talked to Sharkskinz too. they dont have a belly pan like that but wants to do one but they didnt have RS250 in the area to work with.

I will probably go for the fiberglas molding thing.

/Swede

4. pseudocode

I guess its fair. Heck - every other bike has to have it. So why not the cup bikes? I'm just getting into racing (will be doing first race next season) and do wonder why the cup bikes are not allowed in Clubman when the RGV250 is. Aren't they essentially the same bike? I realize there might be something I'm missing. If so, what? What classes do you run, jeppe?

5. jeppe

jeppe Well-Known Member

I have only done one race on the RS with WERA this year i got it about 2 months ago, It is soo much fun to ride, now i just have to get used to entering the corners much faster, wich is kind of hard when you are chicken:D

you can run D-super, LW-twinns, F2, LW-solo 20 and mybe some more.
    /Swede

6. pseudocode

Yeah. They are definitely a blast to ride. I went form a gixxer 750 to the RS and the only time I miss the gixxer is in the straights. In the corners, I forget all about the gixxer. Like you, I need to work on corner entry speed (and exit speed, and shifting, and reference points, and, and, and...) :p Hope to see you at the races!

7. d_alexand

d_alexand Well-Known Member

re:

The Aprilia uses the 90 degree RGV motor with a few improvements so the RS comes ready to race, with more power, and has a much better chassis. The RGV comes restricted but in de-restrict form, with the Suzuki kit parts ($$$$), you could make it equal in power to the Aprilia RS, but the RS handles a lot better ---> better frame, better suspension, and wider wheels.

:D The clubman guys complain about the 10 year old RGV's & NSR's, so there's no way in hell they'd allow brand new Cup bikes into the class....

Duane

8. pseudocode

Re: re:

Thanks for the info. The RS does not come with the Suzuki race kit, although I wouldn't dispute that perhaps it has some parts that give it an edge over the RGV. I would agree that if the RSs truly are too fast to run in Clubman, then they shouldn't be there. I just didn't know why the RGVs were allowed. I guess I'll have to contend with SVs and get used to being outpowered on the longer straights. :D

9. pseudocode

Jeppe,

FYI, www.racersden.com sells bodywork for the RS which incorporates a bellypan in the lower. They're in Australia but their prices seem reasonable. You can get it ready-to-paint or colored (color is in the resin.) I have no idea as to the quality but will be getting a set (someone has to be the guinea pig.)

10. VitoDuc19

VitoDuc19 MIA

Re: Bellypan

I'm one of those Apriliacup Yahoo group guy's that did the fiberglass bellypan. It's really not that hard to do, and it's cheap too. If you need a hand drop me a note, I live in Lawrenceville, GA, maybe I can help.

Vito

11. jeppe

jeppe Well-Known Member

Vito
    Do you by any chanse have some pictures of your new belly pan?
    IF you do could you email them to me.
    [email protected]
    TIA
    Swede

12. pseudocode

Re: Re: Bellypan

Thanks for the offer. I went ahead and ordered some bodywork from racersden since all I have at present is the stock bodywork. Since you live in Lawrenceville, check out georgiasportbike.com if you want to register on yet another board on which you can waste time :D It would be great to have another two-stroker on there.

13. F4Scott

F4Scott Step out of the car

Highside, I mean Raul,

How the heck are you doing? John told me you bought an RS. Jesper (jeppe) let me ride his at a trackday at NFMP last weekend. That thing ROCKED! I've never gone around corners that fast in my LIFE. I think Jesper knew I'd be hooked (kinda like a Crack Dealer;)
    I am looking for one of my own, now. The GSXR is definitely outta here!

I'll see you at some races next year.
    Let Todd ride your's at a trackday. He'll throw that R6 in a dumpster on his way home :D

Scott Padgitt

14. pseudocode

Scott,

Great to hear from you. I'm doing pretty well. Still have a few nagging aches and pains. But hell, I'm old. What can I expect. Last time I was on the track with you... Well, we won't bring that up. If you're looking for an RS right now, there are many to be had. Infact, I just saw a brand new 1999 fresh out of the crate with 0 miles on ebay for 6000 (Buy-it-Now.) Thats not bad considering its the same bike as the 2000 and 2001's. Hope to see you soon!

15. 250hillis

250hillis Member

rs250 belly pan

I know a guy that lives close to Chattanooga, that is going to make a few fiberglass inserts for the lowers. Dont know on what the price would be if he were to sale one though. He is making it so it will set inside the lowers and fasten with two bolts. Hope this helps some.

16. Robby Card

Robby Card Well-Known Member

So who is this guy. Does he have some made already? I'm just outside Chatt. and need to buy one.

17. F4Scott

F4Scott Step out of the car

I have just had some emails exchanged with the folks at Multi-Tech. They said that if WERA makes it mandatory, they will change their lower to a "belly-pan" type. Should be ready by the first of the year.

Scott P.

18. 250hillis

250hillis Member

belly pan

The guy (bert) has a couple made but he is not happy with the fit. he told me that he was going to redo the mold a make some better fitting ones. don't know how long it will take, so i will push me a little to see. I will post some pics when he gets the first one done.