1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

first look: new KTM motoGP machine

Discussion in 'General' started by crazymofo, Oct 30, 2015.

1. crazymofo

crazymofo Then i was like...Braaap!

2. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

I still find it interesting that KTM is getting into motogp after killing off their superbikes. I guess they are hoping that motogp will sell a lot of rc390s

3. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Red Bull.

4. peakpowersports

peakpowersports Well-Known Member

MGP is a drop in the bucket compared to F1. I was hoping Red Bull would end up developing their own engine for F1, but the much accelerated pace in which they lost their supplier killed that dream. No way they can now build a competitive package on their own by 2016.

5. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Well it does look like they are testing at the Redbull Ring in Austria in that video there

6. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

As for F1 and Red Bull, the EPA and that snitch killed off their engine supplier.

7. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

That cutting edge trellis frame. Did KTM hire the guys Gigi fired from Ducati? Serious question.

8. prospected

prospected Well-Known Member

Pretty sure Gigi fired the guys who were designing the frame-less design instead

9. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

The same guys who designed the trellis frame before that. Not a bad design TBH. Just tough to make it as light as the perimeter frames and maintain stiffness.

10. dieterly

dieterly Well-Known Member

Didn't Stoner win a championship with a trellis frame or was it already dumped by Ducati by then?

11. nitto182

nitto182 Well-Known Member

Running WP suspension you say...They've been killing it in Moto2!

12. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Well at least it doesn't look like the same angular shit styling that looks like the kids who got fired from Cadillac did it.

13. caferace

caferace No.

When you own the company, you better run it.

Personally, I think Honda ditched most of their ownership in Showa so they could run Ohlins without armchair racers bitching. :D

-jim

14. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Yamaha sold off most or all ownership in Ohlins.

Idiots! :D

15. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

Yes

16. daveknievel

daveknievel I love orange kool-aid

Double Boner.

17. prospected

prospected Well-Known Member

Im no Ducati historian but wasnt Preziosi the head engineer for all that mess?

18. Suburbanrancher

Suburbanrancher Chillzilla

Only thing is, as awesome as it would be seeing them in the premier Moto GP class, wasn't it the CEO of KTM who recently said they should stop making large displacement sportbikes?

So what demographic are they trying to market to with this?

19. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

I believe they said they saw no need for Unlimited class bikes on the street. They didn't say that they wouldn't build any.

20. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Rossi and crew killed it:Poke: