1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Finally making the jump

Discussion in 'Information For New Racers' started by madman748, May 11, 2011.

1. madman748

madman748 I'm your huckleberry

Okay, I am finally making the jump from trackdays to racing. I printed out the rulebook and am building my new bike (e.g. K6 750) now. I say "new" 'cause I crashed at Autoclub last July that took me out for the better part of 8 months. Finally got cleared to ride again just last week. Anyway to my question. The rulebook says for a SS legal bike, the windscreen can not be a double-bubble style. Do you have to use the OEM or can you use an OEM sized aftermarket?

I plan on entering the 9/11 race at Autocub and the notes say that it is a Sunday only schedule, but there is a race school. Is the school held in conjunction with Fastrack on that Saturday? If that is the case, do you have to sign up for the Fastrack event?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Brett

2. DaveB

DaveB Just Riding Around

Aftermarket windscreens are ok as long as they are stock style and shape.

3. madman748

Thanks for the info. I'll order an OEM Zero Gravity or two just for good measure... Got yet another question, on the WERA West schedule for 9/11 it had a Y and S. I understand that Y=Yamaha and S=Suzuki, but what does it mean?

Thanks,

Brett

4. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

they are paying contingency. experts only tho

5. kanatuna

kanatuna You can't polish a turd..

That means you get money if you register for it and are running one of the bikes listed on their contingency sheet....AND you finish well enough to be eligible. lol

Welcome to WERA

6. madman748

Ahhh, thanks. I don't see myself finishing well enough to be eligible for much. :D