FedEx challenges NYT to debate!

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by speeddaddy, Nov 18, 2019.

1. speeddaddy

speeddaddy Well-Known Member

61C508E8-6513-4258-B2A0-F9E415BD5D34.jpeg

Photo and ducnut like this.
  2. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Fed Ex plays a bigger role in my life than the NYT. Doesn't sound like the Times is paying their "fair share" either.:D

3. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

Math quiz: if a corp earns $111 million and invests 2 x $57 million, how long does it take before it files bankruptcy?

4. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Depends on how they figure the earnings.

5. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

I don't know. How much unfunded liability is it carrying in terms of employee pensions and retirement benefits that it needs to shuffle off to avoid having to fulfil its promises to its employees.

6. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

I highly doubt that the NYT will take them up on it.

7. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

Fedex provides a very valuable service to the world. NYT can disappear tomorrow and maybe, just maybe, a bird owner or two might have trouble lining the cage.

tl1098, drop and Chris like this.
  8. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

I agree. I'll take what FedEx is delivering over what the NYT delivers all day everyday. Oddly a FedEx semi was at my doorstep this morning.

code3ryder likes this.
  9. brex

brex Well-Known Member

The NYT needs to fail and drift away to the "worthless shit" side of the history books.

10. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

As a propaganda wing of the left, the beneficiaries will keep it funded and operational. See also CNN.
    It's puzzling how anyone watches or reads any off these outlets, with their completely exposed lack of credibility, until you realize half the country's voters made a conscious decision to walk into a voting booth and pull the lever for Hillary.

11. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

The NYT booked 111M in earnings?

Damn, they are more in the hurt locker than I thought. No wonder they are flailing.

12. GRH

GRH Well-Known Member

I never understood why FedEx got into the gun control debate
    https://about.van.fedex.com/newsroo...national-rifle-association-gun-safety-policy/

Is returning several billion to shareholders over 5 years thru stock buybacks investing in the US economy? I guess if you're a shareholder
    http://investors.fedex.com/stock-information/stock-splits-dividends-repurchases/default.aspx
    From FY14 through FY19, FedEx returned over $14 billion to shareowners through repurchases and dividends, including an 18% reduction in outstanding shares and a more than quadrupling of the company’s quarterly dividend.

While NYT sucks, I doubt A.G. Sulzberger knew anything about the article, I'd be taking it up with the authors of the article. Jim Tankersley, Peter Eavis and Ben Casselman. Also, any business is going to limit their tax liability in any way they can. The authors should be taking issue with the legislation allowing it not the businesses. Not sure why FedEx is in NYT's sights, GE and IBM have been pulling that crap for years.

R Acree likes this.