1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FCP Euro lifetime guarantee changes

Discussion in 'General' started by nlzmo400r, Oct 26, 2022.

1. Phl218

Phl218 .

FCP euro rocks.

i've never returned oil (or anything to them, i admit) but in the end it's statistics. they calculated the losses into their business model and it's included in the cost of all items (distributed) . otherwise, you'd assume those knuckleheads are just giving stuff away, so in the end the earnings will still let them offer it in some fashion.

BigBird likes this.
  2. nlzmo400r

nlzmo400r Well-Known Member

I'm not sure how you'd abuse it other than ONLY buying high volume service items like oil/filters from them and nothing else. Regarding the inflation, they refund you for the price you paid for the item you're returning.

So for instance, the last oil change kit I bought was $88, when I ordered 2 days ago it was up to $97. When I send in my old stuff, I'm only going to get $88 back, not the full new price.

3. BigBird

BigBird blah

I thought one of the new changes is that they refund the previous one, and currently they refund the new price.

Some shops were abusing the oil. Keep on sending back oil and getting new ones for their shop

4. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

I cannot fantom how anyone in their right mind would take advantage of this policy with consumable items - oil, filters, brake pads, rotors, etc.

A water pump that failed after 10K miles? That I could see.

5. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

I fantomed two complete sets of pads and rotors for the Q7, along with oil, filters (for oil and air) and even two window regulators for the VW. It was fantomtastix :D

t500racer and BigBird like this.
  6. Lee#144

Lee#144 Track Newbie

Appreciate this insight. My GLE eats brake pads every 10-15k

BigBird likes this.
  7. BigBird

BigBird blah

Euro Oil changes are expensive. Paypal had a return shipping reimbursement up to $30, up to 12 a year(which is going away). so basically it was free oil changes after the first one.

as an example. Oil change for my car is $80 in parts, shipping back is $15. So get reimbursed the $80 for the oil and filter, and previously reimbursed for return shipping, so it was literally $0.

Now say it's $15 to return. It costs $15 for an $80 oil change. AND you don't have to go and put the dirty oil in your car and take it to Pep Boys or wherever. I thought that was actually the best part. I take it from my oil collector put it back in the bottle, ship it back, and they recycle the oil, and all is well with the world.

I mean it was their policy, people were following, and they said it wasn't a big portion of their customers doing it, but word spreads, so guess it became bigger and bigger, but they are still not stopping it, just giving credit instead of CC reimbursement.

But, They also got bigger! If you look at the recent Ken Block video, FCP is one of the main sponsors of the video, and they also are the main sponsor of Lime Rock Park, so it's working whatever they are doing.

8. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

I'd hazard a guess that another part of reason for going to in-store credit only, is due to the fact that people sometimes no longer have the credit card on which the lifetime guaranteed item was being returned. So they call customer service asking for the monies to be put on a different card, which isn't possible. Customer service offers an in-store credit and the buyer gets upset, writes a bad review(s), promises to tell everyone on social media (all 40 of them that actually read their driveling), &etc. Now, offering in-store credit only, at least, takes that problem out of the equation.

9. wiggeywackyo

wiggeywackyo Well-Known Member

From reading into this, it sure sounds like they knew what they were doing when they wrote the original policy.

I hear crazy things about Costco and LLBean exchanges and it’s not something I couldn’t bring myself to do.

Maybe when I own a Porsche and am eating ramen noodles to get by, I’ll see it differently.

BigBird likes this.
  10. R1M370

R1M370 Dr. P Ness

Does this place sell mail ordered brides? :D

11. gixer1100

gixer1100 CEREAL KILLER

i never even heard of this site. when my audi needs stuff i will check them out first. i guess the return policy idea works to get buisness after all lol.

BigBird likes this.