1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fantasy F1 League 2012

Discussion in 'General' started by HPPT, Mar 8, 2012.

1. rabbit73

rabbit73 Scheiße

Next year we should do the Pirelli Challenge. At least we could have a chance to win tickets to the USGP. Some of us anyway. I was really banking on Mercedes to have a better showing the first two races.

2. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Go to the first post in this thread, follow the link to the original game selection thread and see how it happened.

The site we were using last year was no longer free, and I was afraid that would drive away some of the players. There were already too few of us to make the game really fun.

3. Strick

Strick Good to be king

Yeah but it gives you have a chance at the top 10. :D

4. Strick

Strick Good to be king

You are only allowed 2 changes per race and you have to be able to afford the "upgrade" since the values of the top guys increase. Last year you could change you entire team every weekend as long as you stayed within you budget.

5. HPPT

HPPT !!!

You can change your entire team if you use your Joker.

And there was a big financial penalty for trades last year.

6. Strick

Strick Good to be king

You can only use that Joker thing once though. I don't recall the penalty being that bad last year though it did cost money to change just 1 thing.

For the price I paid I will see how it goes.....besides, I am in 2nd. :D

7. HPPT

HPPT !!!

It was big enough that if we recalculated the entire season without the trade penalties, I wouldn't be surprised if there were changes in the top five finishing order.

8. Strick

Strick Good to be king

It would have changed things. I would not have made a change to a completely terrible team and piss away my lead because I didn't have had the money to dump the hacks I bought. :D

What kinda takes that out of the equation this year is that it is based on points, not team value. Hopefully that will help that part.

9. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Miracle! Doyle is no longer in last place.

10. Shyster d'Oil

Shyster d'Oil Gerard Frommage

No kidding! I got 103 points this weekend.

11. KLM

KLM Registered User

That was a stressful race to watch; I wanted it to end on lap 5 or so (for fantasy purposes). Two hours later...it worked out okay too.

I'll enjoy the view for a moment. ;)

12. HPPT

HPPT !!!

It's amazing how much those fantasy games add to the intensity (and the stress level) of watching a race. It got to a point where some MotoGP races were hard to enjoy last year with money on the line. Good thing this game is only for bragging rights. :D

13. KLM

KLM Registered User

Thank god for the DVR; at some points I just started scanning at 4x to get to the end (and back up when I saw something cool).

Hamilton anyfuckingwhere near Massa on track is enough to bring on explosive diareha in the morning; especially when everything is going perfectly. I had trouble watching that.

Good times.

14. HPPT

HPPT !!!

:crackup:

15. merle4

merle4 Menace to sobriety

Results for Bahrain aren't up yet, but I'm sure I got killed. I couldn't have fucked my team any harder with a nitro fueled dildo. Owwie.
    Merle

16. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I definitely got killed. I made changes soon after the last round and completely forgot I did. I was greatly enjoying the race, thinking I would have a solid result. Then I get on the computer and see my team. Not good.

17. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I can't believe I'm getting trash talk e-mails from Doyle. I'm gonna have to get back on the gas.

18. Strick

Strick Good to be king

:D:D

oh and Doylie sucks. LOL

19. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Next year let's play for $$. More fun. :beer:

20. HiSpeed48

HiSpeed48 Well-Known Member

I'm paying the price for putting all my eggs in one basket