1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fancy Gas Ranges

Discussion in 'General' started by rd400racer, Nov 6, 2015.

1. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Kitchen remodel is in full steam...ordered the cabinet package and picked out the fridge, microwave, dishwasher and oven. Last thing we need to get is the range. We had the cabinets made around a 36" range so that kind of limits choices a bit (and pushes the price higher). I refuse to pay more than $4 grand for a range.

That means no Viking, JennAir or Wolf. This is the one I like but reviews are all over the board and I don't know how much I trust reviews anymore.

http://www.ajmadison.com/cgi-bin/ajmadison/RCS366BV2.html

The other brands in this price range are Verona, NXR, Smeg, Five Star and Bertazonni. I've never even heard of these brands.

Anybody have any real world experience with these? I thought this would be simple but it's turned into a real bitch.

2. ckruzel

ckruzel Graphicologist Xtremeist

you would be surprised at the deals on vikings, i never even asked and they took off a big chunk from retail, the guy was we can do this one for this much, i said i'll take it, i would stop by a dealer and ask them for the best price they can do

3. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

you need a stove top, not a range, correct? Again, I suggest American Range.
    http://www.americanrangeresidential.com/ar-products/36″-performer-series-cooktop/
    Under $3k, but with cooktops, you don't get the option for open burners (lower output).
    Five Star are noted for their styling, but are not super reliable. The Bertazonnis I have seen were very dear ($) with fancy enamel finishes.

Just my opinion, but stay far, very far away from Viking.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2015
  4. ckruzel

ckruzel Graphicologist Xtremeist

5. rd400racer

Nope, entire range. My wife is an amazing cook and she wants a complete range and a second wall oven. Wall oven was easy to pick out.

6. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Copy. That makes it tougher on your budget. You can get a five star 36" six burner for < $4k? Which model?

7. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

I really like the Thermador that I got when I did my kitchen reno several years back. There were some really good deals on them though because the Thermador rep used to work for Kitchenaid and was doing everything he could with his pricing to steal clients from Kitchenaid.
    I have heard that American Range is really good too.

8. rd400racer

So far I like the Blue Star that I linked in my OP, but nobody I know knows the first thing about them and haven't even heard of them.

9. ductune

ductune Well-Known Member

Hope you didn't go with the Fisher Pakel. We've had to pull ours for repair 3 times and it weighs over 300 pounds.

10. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

I have a JennAir from 1995 That works like a champ still. I also have a JennAir natural gas grill that is mucho kick ass. I love the Italian stuff too but have never used it.

I've cooked on Viking before and they are awesome too. If it were my loot though, i'd buy a wolf.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2015
  11. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

12. Aberk

Aberk Well-Known Member

You guys are gonna kill me. I need to finish my basement, not be worried about my kitchen yet. lol

13. keevo54

keevo54 Well-Known Member

Your not going to have a range that matches the wall oven?

14. CRA_Fizzer

CRA_Fizzer Honking at putter!

15. rd400racer

Everything is stainless steel so it matches regardless of the brand. Plus the wall oven is actually in our island.

This is the layout except we moved the microwave from above the range to the island.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. rd400racer

17. bleacht

bleacht Well-Known Member

Looks nice:up: please tell me the garage is next:D

18. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

Thats really nice. When we did ours the one thing we added that I thought we did not need but use the shit out of is the warming drawer. It is amazing how useful that thing is.

It is good to see that wine fridge in your kitchen! Thats a must!

19. rd400racer

Yes, I promise:eek:

20. rd400racer

Thanks very much...plus a shout out to Dern for giving me some excellent wiring/lighting advice:up: