1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fairwell to Nelsons

Discussion in 'General' started by redducman996, Jul 6, 2008.

1. redducman996

redducman996 must go faster

If was a fun weekend for most (heal up to the one's that crashed). and that track tried to take me with it (damn turn 13. Gage and dwayne were flying out there, Kraft boys were kickin ass as well. Great Job everyone:up: Stranny you did good to:up:

2. YZROOSTINYA

YZROOSTINYA Well-Known Member

Great weekend, great weather.

3. Racer45

Racer45 old guy just tryin'

It was fun....but damn was it hot

4. Six3SixGal

Six3SixGal Official WERA Cat Lady

HOTT was 108 in my solo at Summit... it was AMAZING!! I had a blast there as always and finally got SOME of my mojo back! w0ot!

5. PhiliDad

PhiliDad Well-Known Member

I loved Nelson's... even with the gross outhouses, mosquito swarms, bumpy pavement and the carousel that in the rain was as slippery as deer guts on a door knob. :Puke:

Just down the road was nifty little lake called "Mosquito Lake," and I wondered why the track was so full of them. Seeing as how the entire track was surrounded by tire walls, no wonder they had so may bugs.

But it was fast and fun, and I had my favorite spots to pass -- one seemed almost foolproof every lap -- even as turtle-slow as I was. I watched Tom Kipp and Fritz Kling keep knocking down the track record every year, and several Dutchman vs Suziki EMGO endurance battles. Glad to see people still enjoying the place.

See what happens when you get too old and too broken up to race? I sound like one of those old farts sitting in a front porch rocking chair living off memories :eek:

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You are one of those old farts :D

7. YamRZ350

YamRZ350 Nicorette Dependent

If it turns out to be the last event at the "old" Nelson Ledges, it sure was fun, and a great way to close it out.

Thanks to everyone that made it happen.

8. vonstallin

vonstallin Я - Ребенок Люциферов

Only my second time at Nelsons... Mortally scared the first weekend, Partially scared this weekend, but given a third or forth time I think I would just be down to somewhat scared, lol.

Major suspension changes made it a fun track, and talking to Nelson vets help me drop 4 seconds.
    Turn 13…well in my second race (Race 8 A-Super Bike) I tried to get on the gas with the pig a little early and my Kawasaki assumed it was time to mow the lawn.

[​IMG]

Ran off and foot peg stab my calf, but I kept her up (how? I dont know). Today on calf is double the size of the other and I can hardly walk. :down:

Other than that It was nice hanging out with the Corner Workers during the night Bon Fire. :beer: They told us about 15 years of Nelsons Racing. A few older cats also talk about the 24-hour Endurance race back in the late 80’s.

Also hanging out with the usually NE/Mid-Atl suspects watching Video's made my weekend fun. :Pop: :Poke:

Nelsons reminded me of the camp sights my parents use to take me to back in the 70’s. A little raggedy but full of character.

Well Nelson Ledgers had a ….”Happy Ending”…..lol…

[​IMG]

9. exracer941

exracer941 Well-Known Member

Was a great weekend to say goodbye to the 'ol Ledges. I even managed to win a race.....:) . I will certainly miss the bumps . But if it comes to fruition, having a first class track 50 mins from the house will be awesome. Farewell............:beer:

10. rowe748

rowe748 Well-Known Member

Now is the track getting shut down for the rest of the year? or are they gonna run on it while it's getting redone. Just wondering, because i see wera has a few more races scheduled there this year.

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

WERA has one more race scheduled and as of this moment it's up in the air. Once we know for sure, we'll let you guys know.

12. f4capt

f4capt Zoinks!

Took there WERA race school there and got my race license at Nelson in 06. Its a cool track. I hope it stays around. Congrats Scott Nelson on your win Sunday.

13. K98TOOM

K98TOOM @theoldcorner

The plusses....

Ran off and foot peg stab my calf, but I kept her up (how? I dont know). Today on calf is double the size of the other and I can hardly walk. :down:

Your gimp leg turned your walk into a sweet "pimp slide" as J.P. says....

Well Nelson Ledgers had a ….”Happy Ending”…..lol…

And well...what do I say about that other than lets hope we have another round at Nelson this year, I'd hate to drive up there just for a bath :clap: , but it's not out of the question.

14. vonstallin

vonstallin Я - Ребенок Люциферов

LOL,
    Man it looks like im smuggling a bowling ball in my left calf right now. True I had a mean pimp slide going on. It looks more like the Mummy one leg hope today tho..lol

Congrats on getting the times down man!

15. PhiliDad

PhiliDad Well-Known Member

remember young'un, you ain't too far behind me... :D

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

How can I slip into forgetful senility if you keep reminding me?? :p

:D

17. RollieManollie

RollieManollie I Need to Get My Beak Wet

Congrats this weekend Garret - you really dropped the hammer this weekend! :up:

18. dsting

dsting ouch, brake, ouch

I missed the memo. What are the planned changes for NL?

19. dsting

dsting ouch, brake, ouch