1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F3 fuel pump on f2

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by sPatlovich1, May 10, 2013.

1. sPatlovich1

sPatlovich1 Well-Known Member

Looking to hook up f3 ram air onto my f2. I know a few have done this before. I am wondering how one will hook the fuel pump up to power. Hardwire it? This fuel pump will stop pumping when it sees a certain pressure correct? Anyone have any advice or experience putting the ram air on the f2 would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Steve

2. jimfowler

jimfowler Well-Known Member

Yes, it will stop once the bowls are full and the needles close. You can pull power off anything downwind of the key switch but I'd refer to the f3 wiring diagram for specific location.

3. hrc_nick_11

hrc_nick_11 Well-Known Member

It is a very low pressure pump only needs to over come the ram air pressure. If you don't pressurize the bowls then it does not work. I helped a friend put ram air on his 900rr using my F3 as a model. You only need the hose that goes from the air box to the carbs you do not need the ones that went out the front of the bike on the F3, they only worked at low speed with a solenoid that switched them at 11mph.

With out the pump and pressurized bowls the faster you go the poorer the bike will run. It will feel like it is running out of gas(cause it is, air is being pushed out of the bowls).

4. kanatuna

kanatuna You can't polish a turd..

Good info guys

5. Dyle

Dyle Glad its a new year!!

something to think about as well. The f2 carbs arent pressurized for the ram air. So once you hit up around top of 4th and up itll start blowing gas. I put the entire f3 carbs, ram air and all on ours. Ran great.

6. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

Make sure you change the petcock also. You don't want that vacume pump slowing things down.

7. sPatlovich1

Thanks for the help guys. Thanks, stick on the petcock, had not thought of that.
    I have the f3 carbs, and have done the hrc cut on the intake, which helped some, but now i am having trouble mounting the radiator. Think maybe an f3 radiator will help, but any input on the radiator mounts? Thanks.

8. terminus est

terminus est Be prepared

I used some flat stock aluminum from lowe's or home depot and made some extensions to hand the rad a bit lower off the frame mounting points. Just gotta drill some holes and cut or bend it back and forth till it breaks. I have an f3 motor in an f2 frame with the f3 rad. Make. sure the front tire isn't gonna hit it when the fork compresses. Pics if you would like.

9. sPatlovich1

10. terminus est

terminus est Be prepared

Pics sent

11. sPatlovich1

Thank you. The pictures gave me a better idea of what to do.