1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Exceeding Track Limit

Discussion in 'General' started by ZimZam, Jan 6, 2019.

1. ZimZam

ZimZam Well-Known Member

What does it mean? Is it only particular to GP racing, or does WERA also have a rule for this? Thanks.

2. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

I've been in trouble with AFM for exceeding track limits at exit of turn 11 at Sears Point before. Not sure about WERA policy.

3. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

Using real estate thats not considered part of the racing course,and or creating an advantage on track by doing so.
    Usually penalized by stop and go,or seconds added to finishing time.
    Usually covered in riders meetings

418 likes this.
  4. DaveB

DaveB Just Riding Around

In the southeast I've only heard of people being warned about cutting the AMA chicane at Road Atlanta by cutting through the grass and that was 6 or 7 years ago, others could have been warned since then but I haven't heard it. In reality since most of the American tracks don't have the extra pavement most of the Euro tracks do not many places pop into my mind where it would be an advantage.

5. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

COTA...you could oops all the way thru the esses and not leave pavement. :crackup:

Phl218 and 5axis like this.
  6. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Pretty sure Tuna got a talkin' to about this from Mongo a few years back.:D

7. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

8. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Amount and of people allowed on track at once?

Razr likes this.
  9. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

:crackup:Were you coming up behind me or something? :D

10. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

This is what I was thinking the title meant. For LRRS, the insurance limits the number of bikes on track at Loudon to 70.
    What I find amusing is that as the Starter for the 24 Hours of Lemons' Halloween Hooptiefest, I give the green flag to about 120
    cars on the first leg of the race.

11. ZimZam

ZimZam Well-Known Member

Thanks for the explanation, gents.

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Track density - we use 25 bike a mile and adjust based on width and experience.

Cutting the track - depends on the track, the infraction, gaining or not gaining time, ability to prove it with unbiased witnesses (ie the officials/corner workers have to see it) and so on but we absolutely do penalize for cutting the course.