1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

EX250/ESS: just an FWIW....CCS rules

Discussion in 'General' started by jiggyfly, Feb 25, 2012.

1. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Well-Known Member

So, CCS released their 2012 rules, & we've been attempting to get clarity & changes from day one. They call it Ultralight weight thunderbike.
    ULTB rules say unlimited engine mods as long as you stay 250cc liquid cooled, 350cc air cooled. So, in other words....they fucked it up. Even worse; GP chassis' are exempt from their "must be legal for street use" clause. Making a Moriwaki 250 legal to race against Ninja 250's. Almost seems fair, doesn't it????
    I'm waiting for a final response on this, & if it holds true, I'll be a full time WERA guy vs a CCS guy. Their answer for why the rules were opened up was, "there was limited participation last year, and since it was a new class, we thought opening the rules up would increase the grids"

Yeah.....cuz there's waaaaaaaay more guys out there with Ninja 250's with flat slides & cams than stockers, right?? The participation was low because no one knew about the freakin class!!!! Including several CCS officials! Think that might have anything to do with it????

Grrrrrrr!!!!!

Ok.....there.....I feel slightly better......thanks for listening.

2. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

A final response was already given, the 2012 rules are being enforced as written, any changes will be for the 2013 rules if they decide to tweak it.

3. 2Fer

2Fer Is good

Is CCS a new WERA class?

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Not that I know of, just CSS.

5. Cannoli

Cannoli Typical Uccio

Why would someone come to the WERA BBS and bitch about CCS rules? I realize some people race both org's but by far the majority of WERA racers race WERA exclusively.

And why is that you ask? Because CCS sucks!

6. jiggyfly

Why would someone come here and ask if you want to be a dead guy or a retired racer???

Not questions I ask.....I'm just saying.
    Sorry I posted something here about another org.....jeez.

7. Cannoli

Cannoli Typical Uccio

because THAT, we give a shit about... :cool:

8. jiggyfly

Odd,.....I post about yet another reason to race WERA over CCS & it's perceived negatively?
    :P

9. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

Remember what I told you about this place being a shark tank, bro? :D

Go easy on Jiggs, fellas. He's good people, just new to the ins and outs of the beeb.

10. bEeR

bEeR Hookers & Blow

He's been a member since 09. If he hasn't figured it out by now, he never will.

11. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

CCS had a 250 ninja class last year?

What's a CCS, anyway?

12. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

I wish WERA went to more tracks that I race at. Otherwise I have to race with CCS.

13. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Because they can. Does CCS have a BBS?

This BBS is the WERA BBS but it's grown way beyond it just being that.

14. Karl_L

Karl_L Well-Known Member

From Urban Dictionary: CCS

CCS is an acronym for the action of smacking something or someone with the male penis. CCS stands for Cold Cock Smack and is usually used as shut down or to insult someone
    Alec: how would you like to hang out after school?
    Phil: How would you like to suck on my balls... Alec?
    Alec: How would you like to get CCS'd right across the face next time you turn around to say something to me?

15. Cannoli

Cannoli Typical Uccio

Yes they do. And if the WERA BBS has grown to the point that CCS racers feel they can come here and bitch about CCS rules then perhaps its time to reign tis place back in a notch or three... in my opinion.

16. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

They have an unofficial BBS ran by a former racer. The WERA BBS is an official BBS ran by WERA. the community for the other org isn't as tight as this one. I think a lot of racers feel they can come here among the community and share their experience. Like DaveK said, this BBS has grown beyond WERA but it is still WERA.

17. crazywolf450r

crazywolf450r Well-Known Member

That's a stupid opinion, in my opinion. If I owned WERA I'd love to have all the racers that arent satisfied with other orgs posting on my beeb.

But i dont, so whatever.

18. jiggyfly

I have to admit......it wasn't exactly a warm and fuzzy "hey, well then come race with us!" response......

& I'm hardly the warm & fuzzy type.

19. mmfoor

mmfoor Team Stupid!

The dopey classifications and such are good reasons to avoid CCS.
    The things you take for granted at a WERA event are laughed at at a CCS round, such as getting a credit on the spot. 6 weeks later in the mail maybe w/CCS.

20. jiggyfly

Haha! Yes! Definitely! I just moved to SC from Wisconsin, & didn't have much choice up there. When I raced with them 10+ years ago I called it "communist cup series"

The only reason I contemplated CCS over WERA at all is the race day scheduling.
    I start work at 5:30 on Sunday afternoon.....I'm at a new employer, & my boss seems pretty inflexible about the solutions I've provided.
    Being 5+ hours away, & racing at 2 in the afternoon is a problem for me.
    CCS, I race (typically) on Saturday, & I'm done! The one class thing sucks, too.
    Might be time to just sell this thing......I have another rugrat on the way, & I'm 41.....easier to squeeze in hobbies might be in my future.